Our new 2018 Regal 2000 ESX

Show off your boat and post a picture or 2!

Our new 2018 Regal 2000 ESX

Postby ksipes » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:07 pm

Brand new Regal owners! Now hopefully warmer weather come soon!!!
Attachments
file6.jpeg
2018 2000 ESX 4.3 V6 240hp
ksipes

Re: Our new 2018 Regal 2000 ESX

Postby Turbomark » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:15 am

Very nice, congrats!
Turbomark

Postby TechRider » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:32 am

Congrats!
2018 Regal 33 Express
TechRider

Postby fatmattyd » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:39 pm

Very sharp looking boat you have there!

Welcome to the club & to the site. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks around here.
fatmattyd
2013 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!

Postby cbsmith » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:49 pm

Congrats!

The 2000 is an awesome layout! I wish it was out when we bought our boat.
2014 Regal 1900
2010 Sea-Doo GTX 155
2007 Sea-Doo Wake 215
cbsmith

Postby kdubya » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:01 pm

That is a great looking boat! Congratulations.
The Wilson's
"Memory Maker"
Kansas City / Kimberling City, MO
Regal 2700 ES
Ecoboost F150
kdubya

Postby ksipes » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:48 pm

Thanks for all of the congrats. Unfortunately our new boat has been some what of a lemon! We purchased the boat back February 9th and since then we have only had possession of the boat 3 days. The last 2 1/2 months it has spent a the dealer for repairs. When we first purchased the boat is was missing the walk through filler cushion and had a small scuff in the gel coat on the rear swim deck. So 3 weeks after the purchase we finally took delivery of our new boat. The first time we take the boat out the latches for the rear swim ladder and ski locker literally fell off in my hand. The next thing we find is that one of the knobs to the wake tower seams to be cross threaded and very difficult to release. This is a big problem because we plan to have the boat in dry storage that requires us the be able to fold the tower down. After finding the first 2 issues we find that the radio that we paid extra for the factory sub/amp combo has a constant hum and the sub woofer does not work. The next day we take it back the the dealer where the boat sits for the next 6 weeks!!! At 4 weeks since I had not heard anything from the dealer, I called them and was told they were still working with Regal for the stereo and wake tower issues. My next move was to call Regal and talk to their customer service who forwarded me to the regional dealer rep. The regional rep who i spoke with told me he would find out what was going on with my boat and he would call me back. Its been six weeks now and I still have not heard back from him. So i pick up the boat yesterday form the dealer who says all has been corrected and they were even going to replace the Bimini cover that had started to fray. So today I take the boat to the water with my wife for her first ride in the boat, which i really hoped would go well. Well, it didn't!!! The stereo still does not work correctly. Gone is the constant hum, but now I have one blown speaker that pops when music is playing and the sub woofer still does not work! We go to open the Bimini top for the first time to find that it is shredded and looks like Swiss cheese. On top of that the Bimini frame is either bent or not adjusted properly and you can't even get the Bimini supports up! The final thing we find today is that the interior has multiple small tears in the vinyl seating. We were told by another dealer that they stopped carrying Regal boats due to the constant issues and problems and now we are worried we have made a huge mistake by purchasing a Regal boat.
ksipes

Postby onewhippedpuppy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:55 pm

Wow, all I can add is that I'm sorry you've had such horrible luck. Sounds like your dealer is terrible as well, would taking the boat elsewhere be an option?
Matt J. - 2009 Regal 2700ES
Past - 2004 Tahoe Q4, 2004 Monterey 223SSi
onewhippedpuppy

Postby JNelson90 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:55 pm

In my opinion; Regal is an excellent brand of boat. While all boats have some issues - you surely have had plenty. I suspect most of your issues are from the dealer options and not from the Regal factory. Wishing you the very best from someone that has had his fair share of issues with brand new boats as well as used boats. Overall; I believe it is totally worth it once you are out on the water with your family by your side.
Kindest regards, Jeff

2006 - Regal 3860 Hard Top
2009 - Yamaha Waverunner FX SHO
JNelson90

Postby ksipes » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:10 am

So for an update I believe I have finally found someone at the dealer that cares. He gave me a brief history of my boat stating that most likely the pre-delivery inspection was not completed properly on my boat and that my boat had been used at several boat shows earlier this year. He personally came to pick up my boat from my boat slip and return it to the shop for the repairs. He has been in constant communication with me, giving me almost daily updates on the progress of the repairs on my boat. He has assured me the repairs will be completed properly this time, and when I receive the boat this time it will be perfect. I really hope it works out this time. Aside from all of the issues we have had, we really like our new boat. From recent comments I see that people feel that Regal is a quality brand, and with that said we purchased the Regal because we could see the difference in the build quality compared to other manufacturers. We hope to put the recent issues behind us, and to soon begin enjoying our new boat.
ksipes

Postby Muddy Blues » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues. I agree that the issues are likely dealer related. However, it is disappointing that the Regal rep did not get back got you.

Count me as another happy Regal owner. I purchased a 2200 new in 2007, sold it 10 years later, never had one single issue. After selling the 2200 last spring, I purchased a 10 year old 2700 - I have no idea of what repairs the previous owner had, but I can say that everything is holding up well and everything is working properly.

Good luck with your boat - I hope you have a great boating season this summer.
2007 Regal 2700, 8.1 VP DP
Lake Geneva, WI
Muddy Blues

Postby onewhippedpuppy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:51 am

For what it's worth, I think once sorted you will love your Regal. I've now owned a Tahoe Q4 (junk), a Monterey 223SSi (average), and now a 9 year old Regal 2700ES. I also maintain my friend's Crownline 180BR (average), have worked on another friend's Yamaha 240AR (average), and looked very closely including test driving a Formula 260BR and a Chaparral 276SSX. During my recent search I probably looked at multiple examples of just about every mid to high end boat company out there including multiple Cobalts. Being that I am an engineer and hardcore DIY guy I tend to really focus on quality of materials and assembly, and I have to say that I was far more impressed with Regal that I expected to be. Sure there are a few conspicuous signs of cost-cutting, but you'll find that in any boat (including the Formula and Cobalt). For the money I think they are a very well made and finished boat.
Matt J. - 2009 Regal 2700ES
Past - 2004 Tahoe Q4, 2004 Monterey 223SSi
onewhippedpuppy

Postby fatmattyd » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:02 am

Great looking boat, and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about all the issues.

I believe that while Regal is a quality brand, problems can happen with any boat (or anything mechanical, really).
I'm of the strong opinion that what matters is the dealer. I think they really can make or break an experience like this.

Are you still going to the same dealer?

I'm not sure I would be able to tolerate what you've been through... you buy a boat for the experience and you're not getting this time back.
Someone at that dealership needs to step it up and take ownership; it sounds like this might finally be the case.

Also, while calling Regal directly is always an option, I would consider it a failure of your dealership that you had to escalate.
A further failure that Regal and/or the regional rep hasn't gotten it right yet either! I would certainly be asking the management or owner of the dealership if this experience meets their expectations for service. The dealership should be building a client relationship with you, which should have future value for both parties. The way it sounds, you're being treated as a customer at this point, and not even a valued one.

It would be an easy thing for them to throw some goodwill your way at this point, to make up for everything. Not sure where you're located, but maybe free winterization/shrink-wrap this fall?

I hope this hasn't come off as patronizing... I sincerely don't mean it to be.

Let us know how things turn out. Lots of very knowledgeable and helpful folks on this forum.
-Matt
fatmattyd

Return to Show Your Boat