2007 3760 Headliner with puck lights

General repair/maintenance/upgrade information exchange.

2007 3760 Headliner with puck lights

Postby MyPleasure » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:59 pm

Gentlemen has anyone out there removed and re-installed the trim piece of the headliner to expose the little inverter and RCA cables for the DVD player.....I need to replace my inverter for sure and maybe my TV.
Attachments
Head Liner at Galley.jpg
MyPleasure

Re: 2007 3760 Headliner with puck lights

Postby kellyg » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:11 pm

I can't speak for your particular model, but on my 3780/3880/4080, once you remove the light fixtures, there are retaining screws mounted.
I hope yours is as easy as mine!
Gary Kelly
Mount Sinai, NY
2001 Regal 3780
REPOWERED WITH YANMAR 2011
Smooth seas never made a skillful mariner
kellyg
2012 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!
2012 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!

Postby ImRich » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:01 pm

Yes on my boat the inverter is above the galley lights. It's just sitting there, if you peek over the top of the woodgrain just above the DVD player, you may see it there.

The power cables from the TV that is mounted on the wall of the head is routed behind the vinyl of the wall, then up and to where this inverter is.

To remove that trim, the screws are inside of some of those puck lights, so if you need to get in there to route wires, that's where the screws are hiding. Same thing goes for other parts of the headliner, Regal likes to hide the mounting screws inside of the puck lights. You may want to have someone there as an extra set of hands, that bit of trim gets a little hard to handle alone as it's a bit awkward for one person to handle as you start removing screws.

I did update my main TV that is mounted next to the head door (on my boat) to a much thinner and larger LED style TV. That was welcome upgrade as the screen was larger. Being a thinner TV than the original one was nice in that it doesn't stick out from the wall as much as the original one did.

I've been thinking of updating my DVD player to a Blue-Ray model, but I haven't found many 12V units that will fit there, and after thinking about it more, I think in 5 years, I have only used my DVD player once.
Rich
2005 - 3560
Unbelievable!
NH
ImRich

Postby MyPleasure » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:56 am

Great Information.....thank you both....Rick
MyPleasure

Postby gofast24 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:51 pm

ImRich wrote:Yes on my boat the inverter is above the galley lights. It's just sitting there, if you peek over the top of the woodgrain just above the DVD player, you may see it there.

The power cables from the TV that is mounted on the wall of the head is routed behind the vinyl of the wall, then up and to where this inverter is.

To remove that trim, the screws are inside of some of those puck lights, so if you need to get in there to route wires, that's where the screws are hiding. Same thing goes for other parts of the headliner, Regal likes to hide the mounting screws inside of the puck lights. You may want to have someone there as an extra set of hands, that bit of trim gets a little hard to handle alone as it's a bit awkward for one person to handle as you start removing screws.

I did update my main TV that is mounted next to the head door (on my boat) to a much thinner and larger LED style TV. That was welcome upgrade as the screen was larger. Being a thinner TV than the original one was nice in that it doesn't stick out from the wall as much as the original one did.

I've been thinking of updating my DVD player to a Blue-Ray model, but I haven't found many 12V units that will fit there, and after thinking about it more, I think in 5 years, I have only used my DVD player once.

Same here. We have never actually used the DVD player other than turning it on when purchasing the vessel. We now have a DirecTv receiver in place of the old DVD player and the dish is mounted to a roof support pole that thankfully was pointing the correct direction to avoid the metal dock roof from shielding the signal. The boats on the other side of our dock have had to mount their dishes on our side of the dock and run the coax up under the roof and back down to their vessel. Just a little more work and wire involved to do that. At sea we can now connect to direcTV via smart phone and stream the signal to the TV although it eats up a lot of band width streaming HD video!
gofast24
2001 Regal 4160
Twin VP 8.1GSiI V Drive Inboards
Lake Lanier, GA
gofast24

Postby ImRich » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:49 am

At the dock, I use a Slingbox to watch my home cable TV via WiFi.

It's nice as my Amazon Fire sticks can feed it to my TV HDMI port, and I don't need to pay twice for cable/dish/etc.
Rich
2005 - 3560
Unbelievable!
NH
ImRich

Postby gofast24 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 am

ImRich wrote:At the dock, I use a Slingbox to watch my home cable TV via WiFi.

It's nice as my Amazon Fire sticks can feed it to my TV HDMI port, and I don't need to pay twice for cable/dish/etc.

As we are under a metal roof (glad we are, no hot sun or rain on the boat!) we couldn't stream anything other than through the cell phone (lots of bandwidth used) until the Marina had a outside company put a Wi-Fi transceiver under the metal roof on all the docks that would connect to a high powered wi fi antenna on the shore, only problem is that company wanted $40 / month for a connection! Still happy with the DirecTV service as it is basically just an additional $10 / month as it is just considered a 4th home unit.
gofast24
2001 Regal 4160
Twin VP 8.1GSiI V Drive Inboards
Lake Lanier, GA
gofast24

Return to Repair Shop