2011 Chicago Boat Show

2011 Chicago Boat Show

Postby Kel » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:52 pm

attended the 2011 boat show in Chicago Yesterday...somehow my post annoucing I was going and checking to see if anyone else was plus dates and times did not get posted...not sure why...anyway still going on until Sunday.
Smaller show just like last year. Nice surprise to get to meet Duffy Stenger from Regal at the show - great person and had a nice chat with him. Regal brought their 42 Coupe and got to see that - beautiful...
also saw some pictures of the Regal 35 Coupe which is supposed to be an all new hull design as well. I saw that some nice pictures are posted under new models part of this forum.

For 2011 what used to be the 3560 renamed to 3760 is now called the 38 Express and seems the 3360 was renamed the 35express ... this is all based on overall length including swim platform...many other manufacturers are doing the same thing.

The Regal 42 compare nicely with the Cruisers Yachts 420 Coupe and is cheaper although both boats are beautiful ...also one of the nicest big cruisers at the show was the Cruisers Yachts 48 Cantius great layout but you could get the 52 Regal Coupe for about the same prices as the boat show price of the Cantius.

I will try and post some pictures later
Ed
Fairfield, Iowa
2005 Regal 2665 Lake Rathbun, Moravia, Iowa
Kel
2013 Regal Owners Supporter

Re: 2011 Chicago Boat Show

Postby Veritas » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:49 am

I was there on Saturday. The number of attendees seemed to be up from the last two years, which is a very good sign.

I always enjoy the Regal cruisers - by far my favorite over the other brands.

In the run about segment, I am really liking the 2300. I was not crazy about it when it first came out a few years ago, but it is definitely growing on me. Was also pleased to see that the 2200 still made the show (since I own a 2200). The one change in the current boats from mine that I am envious of is that Regal has moved the Radio from the glove box to the dash/helm.

I noticed that some of the boats had engines with emission controls. Ugh.
Veritas

Return to Boat Shows