Table Rock Lake / Beaver AR to Kimbering City MO

Inform members of your favorite itinerary or destination.

Table Rock Lake / Beaver AR to Kimbering City MO

Postby Chris_in_Texas » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:51 pm

Hello all,

I am thinking of doing a little river trip this summer. I would like to go from Beaver AR (at the suspension bridge) to Port of Kimberling City on my PWC's. I was wondering if this is a doable trip? It would appear that there are a few marinas along the way just looking at Google and it should be about 45 mile trip or so. Any local insight would be helpful.
Thanks, Chris

2012 - Regal 35 Sports Coupe - Twin VP 5.7GiCE-300-P - DP-SA - SOLD
2011 - Sea-Doo RXT260s - 1503HO Rotax 4TEC
2007 - Regal 3060 - Twin VP 5.0OSi - XDP - SOLD
2002 - Crownline 230BR VP 8.2GSiPEFS - DP-SM - SOLD
Chris_in_Texas
2013 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!

Re: Table Rock Lake / Beaver AR to Kimbering City MO

Postby Ryoung » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:26 pm

Chris, that trip is awesome and a favorite of ours. We stay off Aunts Creek which is NW of Kimberling about 10 miles by water @ Edgewater Villa Resort. We try to make the trip to Beaver to the "swinging bridge" each year, weather permitting. It is about 50 miles each way for us and very enjoyable on a beautiful day at Table Rock but don't tell anyone! We have not done it in PWC but in our 2400. Pick a semi calm wind day and you will have smooth sailing the whole way. Lots of high bluffs that hide the water from the wind but the channel opens up some downstream of Shell Knob and on into Kimberling City so be aware of that. The smoothest water is from Beaver to Shell Knob. We have been caught twice by the good ol Missouri pop up storms in all the many times we have been up there. Basically, we are gone all day to go up and back with much skiing, wakeboarding, tubing, swimming, & maybe some cliff jumping along the way.

Here are the marinas you will pass along the way: Holiday Island just inside Arkansas, Eagle Rock by point 26, Big M about 15 miles downstream of Beaver, next is Campbell Point Marina about 31 miles downstream from Beaver, Baxter is about 37 downstream of Beaver, next is Kimberling about 46 or 47 downstream.

Stop at Campbell Point Marina, go all the way to the back of the cove to find a great casual restaurant - The Port Grill. The have a killer tenderloin and yellow fin tuna sandwich. We have to frequent the Port Grill at least twice while we are on the water for the week. Of course, there are other restaurants along the way as well.

Hope that helps - let me know if you'd like more info.
Roger & Michele
"An Appointment"
'02 Regal 2400, 8.1 Volvo DP
'97 Regal 2100, 5.7 Merc Alpha (Sold)
Ryoung
2012 Regal Owners Supporter

Postby Chris_in_Texas » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:55 pm

Thanks Roger for the info.
Thanks, Chris

Chris_in_Texas

Postby kdubya » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:46 pm

Thank you for posting this topic. I did now know it was possible to go beyond Holiday Island. Now, I have a new destination when up that direction visiting family.
The Wilson's
"Memory Maker"
Kansas City / Kimberling City, MO
Regal 2700 ES
Ecoboost F150
kdubya

Postby Chris_in_Texas » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:26 pm

Here is a quick video that I did going over the bridge. It has about 13-14' of vertical clearance underneath. Much better than the 11' width and having a 8.5' trailer the first time over. Nothing like a tight squeeze through. :shock:

http://youtu.be/bof7M6nJAD4
Thanks, Chris

Chris_in_Texas

Postby Batchski » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:26 am

I would have been a little puckered up with that drive! :o
Bruce
2014 Regal 32 Express, Mercruiser 5.7's, Axius Premier
2005 Regal 3060 Window Express, Volvo 5.7's (Sold)
Newport Beach, CA
2001 Supra Sunsport 22' Ski/Wakeboard Boat, Indmar 320HP
Batchski

Postby Ryoung » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:23 pm

kdubya wrote:Thank you for posting this topic. I did now know it was possible to go beyond Holiday Island. Now, I have a new destination when up that direction visiting family.

kdubya, be sure to keep to starboard going up channel past Holiday Island. Water gets thin over to port. Might stop at Holiday Island and ask the Captain in there. He gave me good directions years back that seemed a bit counter intuitive. Take the kids and jump off the old railroad bridge just before you get to the swinging bridge. Great fun!
If the lake is much above 918 or so, our 2400 will not sneak under the RR bridge with our wakeboard tower on.

Chris, we also drove across the swing in bridge on 7/1 last year on our drive down to Beaver lake. Was up via boat on 7/3 IIRC. The water is a few degrees cooer up there since it comes out of the base of Beaver Lake a few miles upstream. Beautiful!
Roger & Michele
"An Appointment"
'02 Regal 2400, 8.1 Volvo DP
'97 Regal 2100, 5.7 Merc Alpha (Sold)
Ryoung
2012 Regal Owners Supporter

Postby kdubya » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:38 pm

Hey Ryoung, thank you for the info!

Skinny water...I remember thinking that very thing when we were up that way. We have some nieces that love boat adventures. This sounds like a good one. We just need 9 feet of water from Mother Nature. The entire lake is a bit skinny right now!
The Wilson's
"Memory Maker"
Kansas City / Kimberling City, MO
Regal 2700 ES
Ecoboost F150
kdubya

Postby Chunk » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:43 am

Can you cross the suspension bridge in Beaver towing a boat? I know it's one lane and good height clearance but wasn't sure on the weight limit.
Chunk

Postby Chris_in_Texas » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:03 pm

Its a ten ton weight limit according to the sign. I was about 6 tons when I went over it.
Thanks, Chris

Chris_in_Texas

Postby Chunk » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:49 am

We're going to be at TRL June 4-8 and staying by Shell Knob. Definitely going to do this trip to Beaver and back. I have been all over TRL but have never been to this area. Can't wait to explore this side.
Chunk

Postby justAjarhead » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:27 am

Spent many an hour on Table Rock locate at , SHell Knob, Kimberling City and South of Volo at Hickory Hollow. All Great areas depending on misson. In 14 years of travel down there we hit Tablerock 8 times and Bullshoals 6. Both great lakes and even made trip down to Beaver a couple times in my Tige20V. Long rid in 20' wakeboard boat but other than wake tower no clearance issues. Just Use depth finder in narrow passages between the lakes.

Over the years we came to like the calmness of Bullshoals to Tablerock as Tablerock has gotten busier from the islands down to past the dam. Bullshoals has a lot of back coves that are superb for water sports and fishing. Only downside is the resorts are a few minute drive down to resort docs in your SUVS from cabins.

We also went to Lake Norfolk a couple of times and like Bullshoals much less traffic and calm coves. We taught or 6 and 8 year old daughters to ski in a back cove and I swam for the 6 hours we spent teaching them. Man did I swim my butt off that day going to kids as they fell. It was worth it in the end they both could ski.

Beaver Lake, Tablerock, Bullshoals and Norfolk are suck clearwater lakes it is amazing. Great places to go for summer vacations with a boat. We averaged 2 trips a season from CHicagoland (10 hour drive) and some years did three trips but the drive home on third trip was a monster.

Once of our first trips down there was the year of record heat for 3 weeks. We were towing at the max tow limit of our 1996 Grand Caravan with load equalizers and drove home in 105° heat plus ( St Louis was 115° at 3 am)from 10pm to 8 am with air conditioning turned off so van would run midrange on temp gauge and trans cooler registered mid range. What a trip. We left air conditioning off at home and the house smelled like burnt oak and melted wax it got so hot inside. It took 48 hours and a rainstorm to finally get temp below 80° from the 98° the house was found at 8am.

[flash=]All In all Beaver Lake, Tablerock, Bullshoals and Norfolk Lakes are great places for summer family vacations.[/flash] Took whole family down there once with 3 boats and rented pontoon for day so grandparents could ride in comfort to the islands we swam at and skied and hydrofoiled by. Never better vacations with family.
justAjarhead

Return to Travel