Orlando FL area boating

Inform members of your favorite itinerary or destination.

Orlando FL area boating

Postby Feedingfrenzy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:37 pm

Making a trip down to Orlando early June. Considering hitching up the 23' as it's been a long winter. Looking at Lake George and the Saint Johns River. Anyone have any experience they can share. Really open to anything in that general area.
12' 2300 5.7GXI Duoprop
02' 2100LSR 5.0EFI Alpha (Sold)
Milwaukee, WI
Feedingfrenzy

Re: Orlando FL area boating

Postby another ntmare » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:54 pm

Lake George can be expensive as they charge extra for a permit and must inspect any new boat to the water there unless already tagged. It is very clear with a rocky bottom therefore stays very clear with all the traffic there. I can't offer anything on the river as I travel primarily on lake Champlain but have been to Lake George on my friends boat many times. Good luck

Mark
07' 2665
another ntmare

Postby On Holiday » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:29 am

another ntmare wrote:Lake George can be expensive as they charge extra for a permit and must inspect any new boat to the water there unless already tagged. It is very clear with a rocky bottom therefore stays very clear with all the traffic there. I can't offer anything on the river as I travel primarily on lake Champlain but have been to Lake George on my friends boat many times. Good luck

Mark

Lake George in NY or Lake George in Orlando, FL?

My brother lives in Orlando on a small lake, average depth of his lake is about 5 feet and is not very large. I would not tow my boat to boat on his lake.
2006 Regal 2400
On Holiday

Postby Feedingfrenzy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:17 pm

Lake George FL. Which the more I research doesn't seem all that worthwhile. Saint John's river up to Jacksonville looks nice. Tampa Bay might be another option. Always wanted to bring my Regal back to the state where it was born.
12' 2300 5.7GXI Duoprop
Milwaukee, WI
Feedingfrenzy

Postby Alan B » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:04 pm

Winters are SOOOOOO long . 23 years ago packed my bags , from Nyack moving too Orlando area .
I boat number of areas .
Living inland I am close too St Johns River . The river is nice, quiet , tranquil , beautiful . If you come too Orlando area you can go too Lake Monroe and launch .
You got too find a motel or hotel that will allow U too park boat .
Lake Monroe . St Johns River . Go up river too Wekiva , Wekiva State park is a great place , generally accessed by vehicle but you can get too parts of it from St Johns River . Blue Springs State Park , Alligators at times . . Take a airboat ride too view gators .
Few marinas if you want too leave your boat as a transient . Boat Tree is one , Not there in quite sometime , last time docks were weathered , not the best
If fishing is your thing, New Smyrna Beach , North Causeway boat ramp . Not far from Orlando
Have not been there quite sometime . They charge now . Weekends insane
Few other boat ramps in that area also Oak Hill bit south from New Smyrna , quiet
Cape Canaveral killer new boats ramps . Lots of action , Major sea port. Navy base and cruise lines .
Sebastian Inlet , great fishing , Big great state park .
this is FL boating all over

Come on down, we need the money
Make sure you have all your safety items , working , tags, etc odds are you will get stopped . NO wake areas they mean it .

Have fun .
Alan B

Postby Feedingfrenzy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:04 pm

Alan B wrote:Winters are SOOOOOO long . 23 years ago packed my bags , from Nyack moving too Orlando area .
I boat number of areas .
Living inland I am close too St Johns River . The river is nice, quiet , tranquil , beautiful . If you come too Orlando area you can go too Lake Monroe and launch .
You got too find a motel or hotel that will allow U too park boat .
Lake Monroe . St Johns River . Go up river too Wekiva , Wekiva State park is a great place , generally accessed by vehicle but you can get too parts of it from St Johns River . Blue Springs State Park , Alligators at times . . Take a airboat ride too view gators .
Few marinas if you want too leave your boat as a transient . Boat Tree is one , Not there in quite sometime , last time docks were weathered , not the best
If fishing is your thing, New Smyrna Beach , North Causeway boat ramp . Not far from Orlando
Have not been there quite sometime . They charge now . Weekends insane
Few other boat ramps in that area also Oak Hill bit south from New Smyrna , quiet
Cape Canaveral killer new boats ramps . Lots of action , Major sea port. Navy base and cruise lines .
Sebastian Inlet , great fishing , Big great state park .
this is FL boating all over

Come on down, we need the money
Make sure you have all your safety items , working , tags, etc odds are you will get stopped . NO wake areas they mean it .

Have fun .

Thanks for the response and the recommendations. My daughter started a job there out of college. We'll see if that becomes home. We decided to hold off on that long ROAD TRIP until she gets the lay of the land and perhaps stays down there.
12' 2300 5.7GXI Duoprop
Milwaukee, WI
Feedingfrenzy

Return to Travel