Bahamas

Inform members of your favorite itinerary or destination.

Re: Bahamas

Postby pnyxxpress » Thu May 09, 2019 1:58 pm

Well we are finally going! It took some persistence but we are signed up and reservations complete. Sounds like 20 boats this year.
Regal 28 Express
"Drift Away"
pnyxxpress

Postby xixp » Fri May 10, 2019 8:37 pm

Where are you leaving from and where0 are you going? (Bimini, west end??)
2016 SC 35 , "Phoenix"
2010 3760 (sold)
xixp

Postby pnyxxpress » Fri May 10, 2019 8:43 pm

xixp wrote:Where are you leaving from and where0 are you going? (Bimini, west end??)

Departure location is still being finalized, Port Everglade looks like it may be our departure once we get to Florida. Headed for Bimini.
Regal 28 Express
"Drift Away"
pnyxxpress

Postby xixp » Sat May 11, 2019 11:08 pm

If coming out of state trailering it would be more convenient leaving from Miami
Or Haulover inlet. If weather doesnt cooperate in two hours you can be in Key Largo as plan B.
Just 30 min of driving will save everybody several miles in the crossing.
In both places you have good marinas with large parkings to leave the trailers.

Just ideas to consider...hope everybody has a good time!
2016 SC 35 , "Phoenix"
2010 3760 (sold)
xixp

Postby pnyxxpress » Mon May 13, 2019 8:00 am

xixp wrote:If coming out of state trailering it would be more convenient leaving from Miami
Or Haulover inlet. If weather doesnt cooperate in two hours you can be in Key Largo as plan B.
Just 30 min of driving will save everybody several miles in the crossing.
In both places you have good marinas with large parkings to leave the trailers.

Just ideas to consider...hope everybody has a good time!

Thanks. Departure location is up to Sundance.
Regal 28 Express
"Drift Away"
pnyxxpress

Postby Bull Market » Tue May 14, 2019 12:14 pm

pnyxxpress wrote:Well we are finally going! It took some persistence but we are signed up and reservations complete. Sounds like 20 boats this year.

You will have a good trip. I went on two of the Sundance trips when I first got my regal. Each trip, there were a good group of boats and people. There were lots of newbies and a few seasons veterans. The advice that was given to me before my first trip was to have the standard safety gear on board and fill out the Bahamian Government Paperwork ahead of time. Sundance had lots of scheduled activities and you could partake as much or as little as you wanted.
Colin
Bull Market
2018 Boston Whaler Conquest
2015 Regal 46 SC IPS 500 (Sold).
Bull Market

Postby pnyxxpress » Tue May 14, 2019 12:50 pm

Bull Market wrote:
pnyxxpress wrote:Well we are finally going! It took some persistence but we are signed up and reservations complete. Sounds like 20 boats this year.

You will have a good trip. I went on two of the Sundance trips when I first got my regal. Each trip, there were a good group of boats and people. There were lots of newbies and a few seasons veterans. The advice that was given to me before my first trip was to have the standard safety gear on board and fill out the Bahamian Government Paperwork ahead of time. Sundance had lots of scheduled activities and you could partake as much or as little as you wanted.

Thank you. We are really looking forward to it. So far Sundance has been great guiding us first timers thru the process.
Regal 28 Express
"Drift Away"
pnyxxpress

Postby pnyxxpress » Sat May 18, 2019 8:00 am

If there are any other interested parties. They announced they have a few open slots available. PM me if you want the contact information.
Regal 28 Express
"Drift Away"
pnyxxpress

Previous

Return to Travel