8.1 GI-H upon starting died

General repair/maintenance/upgrade information exchange.

Re: 8.1 GI-H upon starting died

Postby ImRich » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:12 am

ImRich wrote:
Bt Doctur wrote:Volvo uses the alt to provide voltage for the fuel pumps, bad alt = no fuel. Dumb idea and why I convert the fuel system to mercruiser type using the oil pressure switch.

Please provide details and information about this comment.

I'm still chasing a hard to find issue, and found a serpentine belt issue, so this info would be helpful knowledge.

I'd still like to hear more about this claim!
Rich
2005 - 3560
Unbelievable!
NH
ImRich

Postby MyPleasure » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:44 am

Rich, I'm thinking that's an older model....mine certainly isn't like that and I'm a 2007......I turn on my key....Not crank it....and the fuel pump kicks on.....Rick
MyPleasure

Postby ImRich » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:15 am

Yes, mine is a 2005 and works as yours does, but I'd still like to hear the details about this claim, even if to understand it was talking about an older model.

Bt Doctur wrote:Volvo uses the alt to provide voltage for the fuel pumps, bad alt = no fuel. Dumb idea and why I convert the fuel system to mercruiser type using the oil pressure switch.

@Bt Doctur can you please elaborate?
Rich
2005 - 3560
Unbelievable!
NH
ImRich

Postby gofast24 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:29 am

ImRich wrote:Yes, mine is a 2005 and works as yours does, but I'd still like to hear the details about this claim, even if to understand it was talking about an older model.

@Bt Doctur can you please elaborate?

Seems like the Bt doctor doesnt have any more info regarding his comments? Probably just give up on any more info as to where he obtained this ? My 2001 starts and runs like a new engine, I can hear the electric fuel pump engage and the low oil PSI alarm comes on to tell me the switch is working prior to cranking.
gofast24
2001 Regal 4160
Twin VP 8.1GSiI V Drive Inboards
Lake Lanier, GA
gofast24

Previous

Return to Repair Shop