Cabin door slides to easy

General repair/maintenance/upgrade information exchange.

Re: Cabin door slides to easy

Postby Rpontual » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:56 am

Next project could be to add hinges to the back seat and build some sort of glove compartment. :mrgreen:

My boat has what they call "map locker" that faces the sun, this would be a much better location for phones, iPads, electronic keys, etc. I will inspect mine to see if the boat has the same access hole...
Romulo

2015 Regal 35SC, Diesel
Rpontual

Postby tlovell » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:29 am

lg260ss wrote:On the 28 express the seat back to the left of the door is removable and behind it is an opening that allows acccess to the area that the door slides into. I would imagine the 32 would be set up the same way. Look for hidden screws around the edges of the seat back.

Good to know; thanks for that information and the assist to the OP. Have you ever removed the cooler compartment on your 28 Express? I am looking for somewhere to put a cockpit A/C unit and wondered what is back there.
tlovell

Postby tlovell » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:31 am

Rpontual wrote:Next project could be to add hinges to the back seat and build some sort of glove compartment. :mrgreen:

My boat has what they call "map locker" that faces the sun, this would be a much better location for phones, iPads, electronic keys, etc. I will inspect mine to see if the boat has the same access hole...

FWIW, on the 28 Express, when the door is open there is no space there as the door takes it up.
tlovell

Postby Batchski » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:15 pm

This is a nice find! Glad to know about this for the future.
Bruce
2014 Regal 32 Express, Mercruiser 5.7's, Axius Premier
2005 Regal 3060 Window Express, Volvo 5.7's (Sold)
Newport Beach, CA
2001 Supra Sunsport 22' Ski/Wakeboard Boat, Indmar 320HP
Batchski

Postby lg260ss » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:41 pm

tlovell wrote:
lg260ss wrote:On the 28 express the seat back to the left of the door is removable and behind it is an opening that allows acccess to the area that the door slides into. I would imagine the 32 would be set up the same way. Look for hidden screws around the edges of the seat back.

Good to know; thanks for that information and the assist to the OP. Have you ever removed the cooler compartment on your 28 Express? I am looking for somewhere to put a cockpit A/C unit and wondered what is back there.

This also allows you access to the back of the shower mixing valve in the head. I found all of this when, a few years ago, I forgot to winterize the shower (because I never use it) and the mixing valve body cracked. I replaced it by going through that access point behind the port seat and then through the smaller access cover in there.

I imagine that removing the cooler compartment is as easy as removing the 4 screws and prying it out carefully.
2013 Regal 28 Express, Volvo Penta V8 380
Lake George NY
lg260ss

Postby Kikaboo » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:13 pm

Screwed, glued and braced. Hopefully this will hold up better than the original mount.
IMG_6682.jpg
IMG_6682.jpg (15.59 KiB) Viewed 413 times
Rob
New York
2015 Regal 32 Express. T-Merc 5.7 Seacore
2011 Stingray 215LR. Merc 5.0
Facebook group page: Cloud Nine NY
Kikaboo

Postby gofast24 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:25 am

Kikaboo wrote:Screwed, glued and braced. Hopefully this will hold up better than the original mount.
IMG_6682.jpg

What are you guys actually mounting (per the pic above)? A slide in cooler, a cockpit AC unit, or what? The OP's post was about the cabin/salon door sliding too easily? Would like to get our salon door to slide easier! Want to try some "SuperLube" spray in the rollers and channels but dont want the residue to collect dust, etc. and end up causing it to stick!
gofast24
2001 Regal 4160
Twin VP 8.1GSiI V Drive Inboards
Lake Lanier, GA
gofast24

Postby Kikaboo » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:36 am

gofast24 wrote:
Kikaboo wrote:Screwed, glued and braced. Hopefully this will hold up better than the original mount.
IMG_6682.jpg

What are you guys actually mounting (per the pic above)? A slide in cooler, a cockpit AC unit, or what? The OP's post was about the cabin/salon door sliding too easily? Would like to get our salon door to slide easier! Want to try some "SuperLube" spray in the rollers and channels but dont want the residue to collect dust, etc. and end up causing it to stick!

What you are seeing in hat pic is a rubber door stop. This keeps the door from sliding all the way in the pocket and slamming against the boat side.

My original post was about trying to get the door to have more fricion so it would not slide so easy. Originally the door did not slide so easy so I sprayed the door track rollers with silicone spray. Just a bit, no residue what so ever. The problem was it made the door to slippery. The this eventually caused the door to knock off the rear back stop which caused another problem. i have the door stop issue now resolved but i am still trying to figure out a way to add a bit more friction to the door.

Since you want to increase the slipperiness of your door, I would spray just a drop of silocone and test. You don't want to add too much and end up too slippery which is where I am.
Rob
New York
Kikaboo

Postby gofast24 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:47 am

Rob, thanks!
We have a door hold open latch and a door closed latch (the salon/cabin hatch door key lock holding it closed). I just want it to slide easier from full closed to full open. The latch and lock keeps it in either the full open or full closed position.
gofast24
2001 Regal 4160
Twin VP 8.1GSiI V Drive Inboards
Lake Lanier, GA
gofast24

Postby Fournow95 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:47 pm

Did you have any luck removing the seat pad on your 350 sport Coupe. I have a 2013 350 sport Coupe and the trolley on the inside part of my door has come off. I'm hoping that I don't have to take the door out or bring it to the dealer to fix.
Fournow95

Postby Kikaboo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:49 am

Fournow95 wrote:Did you have any luck removing the seat pad on your 350 sport Coupe. I have a 2013 350 sport Coupe and the trolley on the inside part of my door has come off. I'm hoping that I don't have to take the door out or bring it to the dealer to fix.

I have a 32Express and followed a suggestion from someone with a 28Exp. I'm willing to bet removal of the seat back on the 35SCis the same. Look for 2 hidden screws on the lower part of the seat back cushion. Remove them, then slide the seat back up. Hopefully this will give you the access you are looking for.
Rob
New York
Kikaboo

Previous

Return to Repair Shop