Regal 2000 Custom cover

Information exchange for boating equipment.

Regal 2000 Custom cover

Postby Ben-89 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:32 pm

Hey

I'm after a new cover for my 2004 Regal 2000 i have a 2000mile trip across europe this summer and you need a good cover in sunny old England my tonneau covers aren't towable and I'm fed up having to clean the boat.

I'm after a custom fitted cover but there not easy to come by in england unfortunately. The only quote i received was for $3700 so i won't be buying that! :lol: I've been looking online at carver covers from the USA, does anyone have a picture of a custom carver fitted to there regal? and if so what material option did you go for sun-dura or Sunbrella?

Carver don't supply a fitted cover for a MY2004 but they do for a MY2006 2000 and having had a look i can't see any differences between the boats apart from the dash, does anyone know of any differences?

Thanks
Ben-89

Re: Regal 2000 Custom cover

Postby Mburrus » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:27 pm

http://www.auroracanvas.com/

Several of us Regal owners have ordered custom covers from Aurora Canvas (see website link above) in Battlefield, Missouri (just outside of Springfield). I just received mine and haven't taken it out of the boxes yet. It is for my 2015 Regal 2800; my cost was significantly lower than you were quoted.

Kdubya, who also posts on this site, has owned a cover that Aurora made for several years. I'm sure he'll weigh in with more information.

Best of luck!

Mike
Mburrus

Re: Regal 2000 Custom cover

Postby On Holiday » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:38 am

My trailering cover

Below the rub rail are snaps that have been added about every 18", there is also a draw string rope to cinch it tight. It is a great cover.

I am looking to get a newer cover that will go below the chine in order to cover the blue hull as I do store the boat on a covered lift however I get the morning sun which may eventually fade the starboard side. The previous owner had this custom made.
2006 Regal 2400
On Holiday

Return to Gear