Sending Faria Gauges to Faria?

Information exchange for boating equipment.

Sending Faria Gauges to Faria?

Postby RufusNapkin » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:47 am

I read a post here recently where The OP sent his gauges to Faria to be reconditioned. I sent him a message a while back but no reply. And even though I think I am generally good searching the web I only found one faria site; I filled out a form to ask the question but no reply.

Has anyone sent their gauges to Faria for reconditioning? How is it being done? Call their web site contact number? I didn't do that.

I also was entertaining the idea of buying new ones (tach, for one) but I noticed the current models on sale do NOT have the same interface in the back. The old ones have like 3-4 screws on which to attach the wires; the new ones are different.

2005 Regal 3560
2005 3560 Regal Mercruiser Horizon 8.1S V Drive
RufusNapkin

Re: Sending Faria Gauges to Faria?

Postby rlynch03 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:59 am

RufusNapkin:
I emailed you back maybe it is in your spam folder?

My response is below...

You can have Faria rebuild or recondition your gauge so you maintain the body and face. Faria repaired my Oil Pressure Gauge, looks as it did when i sent it however they said it required calibration. I was reading a 20psi difference Port to Starboard. They agreed my Gauge was off 15PSI or so...

It cost me $70 plus shipping and took a couple months total.

Go to the fariabeebe.com website and click on "Technology/Support" and then click on "Gauge Repair."

You can call them for additional info however they force you to fill out the form online.
2008 - Regal 3760 Commodore
2017 AB 9.5AL Yamaha 15HP-ES - DINK
2003 - Boston Whaler Dauntless 220 - sold
1998 - Regal 2760 - sold
1988 - Baja 226ES - sold
1993 - Wellcraft 18CC - sold

Annapolis, MD
rlynch03

Postby kellyg » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:31 pm

I have also sent my multi function gauge for repair following the website links.
Unless it's a multi function gauge made specifically for Regal, as my gauge was, it's cheaper to just purchase new.
Gary Kelly
Mount Sinai, NY
2001 Regal 3780
REPOWERED WITH YANMAR 2011
Smooth seas never made a skillful mariner
kellyg
2012 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!
2012 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!

Postby aviator1 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:18 pm

much cheaper to source new ones on the internet or ebay, I have sent stuff to Faria before with not marginal results. You would think if you send them a gauge, once they fix it they will send you something that looks cosmetically better, but that's not the case. They do very little to provide a service where the gauge looks better than when you sent it in.
Maybe I am different but if I am spending 50-100 dollars on a gauge to be repaired...I expect it to look better when they return it to me...or I would spend another 25-50 bucks and buy a brand new gauge.
2017 Regal 1900 ES Gen 5
2013 Regal 1900
2006 Sugar Sand Tango
2004 Sugar Sand Tango
1996 Regal Sebring 195
Cessna 152
Pipper Archer
Life is too short not to live it...
aviator1

Postby RufusNapkin » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:43 pm

rlynch03 wrote:RufusNapkin:
I emailed you back maybe it is in your spam folder?

My response is below...

You can have Faria rebuild or recondition your gauge so you maintain the body and face. Faria repaired my Oil Pressure Gauge, looks as it did when i sent it however they said it required calibration. I was reading a 20psi difference Port to Starboard. They agreed my Gauge was off 15PSI or so...

It cost me $70 plus shipping and took a couple months total.

Go to the fariabeebe.com website and click on "Technology/Support" and then click on "Gauge Repair."

You can call them for additional info however they force you to fill out the form online.

Sorry! I was looking at the inbox here on the forum.

I will follow up with them.
RufusNapkin

Postby RufusNapkin » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:48 pm

aviator1 wrote:much cheaper to source new ones on the internet or ebay, I have sent stuff to Faria before with not marginal results. You would think if you send them a gauge, once they fix it they will send you something that looks cosmetically better, but that's not the case. They do very little to provide a service where the gauge looks better than when you sent it in.
Maybe I am different but if I am spending 50-100 dollars on a gauge to be repaired...I expect it to look better when they return it to me...or I would spend another 25-50 bucks and buy a brand new gauge.

That's so true, new are about same $ or less. I thought I read somewhere $20 per gauge for reconditioning.

I was looking to buy a new tach, but the one I saw either online or at West Marine had a different interface in the back for wire connections. They had plugs (not faria).
RufusNapkin

Postby timp4411 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:03 pm

RufusNapkin wrote:
aviator1 wrote:much cheaper to source new ones on the internet or ebay, I have sent stuff to Faria before with not marginal results. You would think if you send them a gauge, once they fix it they will send you something that looks cosmetically better, but that's not the case. They do very little to provide a service where the gauge looks better than when you sent it in.

That's so true, new are about same $ or less. I thought I read somewhere $20 per gauge for reconditioning.

I was looking to buy a new tach, but the one I saw either online or at West Marine had a different interface in the back for wire connections. They had plugs (not faria).

Call Faria with the model number of your current tach and ask them what model replaced it if it's not a current model. Or what a replacement model number may be.

Than, go shopping on ebay or elsewhere.

I went thru the same thing last year with fuel gauges.... the model number I had was discontinued, but I just matched up similar Faria gauges and was able to swap them out without any problem.

MUCH cheaper than sending the old ones back to aria for repair.
2006 3860 Hard Top
timp4411

Postby rlynch03 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:17 pm

I had a hard time finding a new Faria Oil Pressure gauge that looked exactly like the original so I went through Faria.

That is the only reason I would send back to Faria is to maintain the OEM look.
2008 - Regal 3760 Commodore
2017 AB 9.5AL Yamaha 15HP-ES - DINK
2003 - Boston Whaler Dauntless 220 - sold
1998 - Regal 2760 - sold
1988 - Baja 226ES - sold
1993 - Wellcraft 18CC - sold

Annapolis, MD
rlynch03

Postby one-n-done » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:20 am

I have also looked into sending gauges in for reconditioning and the prices were more to repair than purchasing a new one on eBay. You do have look carefully to get the correct one.
one-n-done
2012 Regal Owners Supporter

Postby timp4411 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:24 am

When I bought two replacement for my fuel gauges, I couldn't find an "exact" ,match, but I was able to find something that was very close in appearance.

They blended in to the Dash with the rest of the gauges nicely.

It was 1/2 the cost of sending the old ones in for repair.

Faria has some B*lls for claiming their gauges have a "lifetime" warranty, when it cost more to get them repaired than to buy new ones.
2006 3860 Hard Top
timp4411

Return to Gear