Regal Factory Tour- Saw our boat too

Show off your boat and post a picture or 2!

Regal Factory Tour- Saw our boat too

Postby 2ndregal » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:29 am

For those not lucky enough to live in Florida and only 90 minutes away from the factory, Its worth a visit.

We got word our boat we ordered almost 2 months ago was close to completion, so we booked the tour.

We met with one of the Engineers that lead the tour, First off, This place is big. They do pretty much everything in house and we were proudly informed operating debt free.

There's multiple large building with different stages of build, then towards the end we got to see our blue and white 2000ES with the ESX interior and the few other options we wanted.

Also, The showroom at the end will make you realize you need more money...lol. The 53 Sport Coupe is amazing

I will let you see the pics.
Attachments
Tour11.jpg
53 Sport Coupe
Tour10.jpg
Our Boat - Gen 240HP motor
Tour9.jpg
Our Boat- ESX interior
Tour8.jpg
Our Boat
Tour7.jpg
Tour6.jpg
Tour5.jpg
Tour4.jpg
Wiring room
Tour3.jpg
Interior shop
Tour2.jpg
Tour1.jpg
2ndregal

Re: Regal Factory Tour- Saw our boat too

Postby On Holiday » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:45 pm

I did the Regal factory tour in maybe 2010 when we owned a Sea Ray and did the Sea Ray tour when we owned the Regal.
2006 Regal 2400
On Holiday

Postby 2ndregal » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:15 pm

From what I heard the Sea Ray guys and Regal guys are pretty good friends.
2ndregal

Postby On Holiday » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:45 am

2ndregal wrote:From what I heard the Sea Ray guys and Regal guys are pretty good friends.

Both tours were top notch, I was able to walk around in the SR while one of their larger boats were being made. What impressed me was with SR is they pump in cool air (Air conditioning) in the cabin while the workers are inside. It made a big difference as my tour was at Merrit Island, FL during the summer.
2006 Regal 2400
On Holiday

Postby OUV11112 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:23 am

Thanks for sharing.
OUV11112
2013 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!
2013 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!

Postby 2ndregal » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:57 pm

So first day on the water in the new 2000es was great.

Here's the up side of the boat:

Looks great, rides smooth, plenty of power ( 240hp), tons of storage and seating. It feels much bigger than a 20' boat. We put about 5 hours on it yesterday, didn't take it past 4000rpms , mixed boating and came back with just over half a tank.

The con's

The Anchor storage is terrible. I have a 3 different sizes and non came close. The one that came with it (#14) doesn't come close. I have one from our 18" Regal that's a little smaller. It doesn't fit.
The Anchor placement at the front is such a good idea, but the only thing that will fit in is an anchor designed for a Kayak.

My other issue, the trailer is a little under sized. I spent some time getting the board to fit the boat perfect and it centers everytime. But it would use to be 2' longer and dual axles would be a good idea too.

Overall, a great boat. More pictures to come.
2ndregal

Postby 2ndregal » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:58 pm

So first day on the water in the new 2000es was great.

Here's the up side of the boat:

Looks great, rides smooth, plenty of power ( 240hp), tons of storage and seating. It feels much bigger than a 20' boat. We put about 5 hours on it yesterday, didn't take it past 4000rpms , mixed boating and came back with just over half a tank.

The con's

The Anchor storage is terrible. I have a 3 different sizes and non came close. The one that came with it (#14) doesn't come close. I have one from our 18" Regal that's a little smaller. It doesn't fit.
The Anchor placement at the front is such a good idea, but the only thing that will fit in is an anchor designed for a Kayak.

My other issue, the trailer is a little under sized. I spent some time getting the board to fit the boat perfect and it centers everytime. But it would use to be 2' longer and dual axles would be a good idea too.

Overall, a great boat. More pictures to come.
Attachments
2000es.jpg
2000es 2.jpg
2ndregal

Return to Show Your Boat