Trailer help for 270 Commodore

Questions about towing your boat or boats that can be towed.

Trailer help for 270 Commodore

Postby Selina270 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:59 pm

Hi,

I have a 1991 270 Commodore. I've owned the boat for a couple of years with no trailer. Just recently purchased a Used trailer for it. I need some help setting up the bunks on the triple axle trailer. Getting ready to store it for the winter here in Michigan.

Does anyone have a similar boat and can give me some dimensions and locations for the bunks? Also the forward post/bow rest distance from the transom.

Some of my boat dimensions. 25 ft (300inches) from Bow eye to transom. 97 inches across the lower hull width.

Thanks in advance, :-)
Selina270

Re: Trailer help for 270 Commodore

Postby ABAbleTruck » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:08 am

ABAbleTruck

Re: Trailer help for 270 Commodore

Postby Selina270 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:43 pm

Thanks AB!

I really appreciate your quick response. That was much better than the Regal customer service line. They could not help at all.
Told me the boat was "Too Old". They were nice enough, but gave the same opinion as others. And that is:

Place the boat on the trailer, then lift it off with jack stands or hydraulic lift and then place the bunks for support.
My concern has been the initial loading of the boat on the new for me trailer. Then trying to find a level area to lift the boat off the trailer, without damage.

None of the dimensions on the PDF file shows my boat's configuration, but it does give me a start.
According the Regal the 1991 270 Commodore weighed 6,500 lbs dry, has a 26'10" center-line, 29'6" overall, 9'6" beam.
I measured 25' bow eye to transom length. I'll use some of the given dimensions to set the bunks initially.

Thanks again, :D
Selina270

Return to Tow Your Boat