Toronto Area Trip

Toronto Area Trip

Postby Chris_in_Texas » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:26 am

We are thinking of taking a road trip vacation, and would like to see what there is to do for a 4 and 8 year old boys in the Toronto area? We would be arriving via the Winsor route around the 14th of August, and have a few days in the area. I have been to the CN tower before, I know the kids would like it, but would like to have other possible kid friendly activities for the family. We are thinking about the return trip via Niagara Falls.
Thanks, Chris

2012 - Regal 35 Sports Coupe - Twin VP 5.7GiCE-300-P - DP-SA - SOLD
2011 - Sea-Doo RXT260s - 1503HO Rotax 4TEC
2007 - Regal 3060 - Twin VP 5.0OSi - XDP - SOLD
2002 - Crownline 230BR VP 8.2GSiPEFS - DP-SM - SOLD
Chris_in_Texas
2013 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!

Re: Toronto Area Trip

Postby Blr » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:17 pm

Canada's Wonderland, Ontario Science Center, Ontario Place, Toronto Island, Jet Boat Tours(Niagara)-but I am not sure they would allow a 4 yr. old ,check their website,Great Wolfe Park in Niagara Falls(expensive but great for the kids)

These are just the few main ones that come to mind, there are many other attractions. Check out the websites for Toronto and Niagara Falls as I know you can purchase tickets for multiple attractions thus reducing the cost.

Brian
2000 Regal 2660 Commodore
Twin 4.3L Volvos
Port Colborne, On
Canada
Blr

Postby Canada » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:37 pm

Chris, if you come up about that time, we could always take you for a ride on Regal! :o

Otherwise, given that a lot of us work here in the Toronto and surrounding areas, we will give this some thought over the next few days..... there are tons of things to do..... but deserves a little thought and a little research as to what is on about that time.....

be back later on this one
Greg & Kathy
was....
Knottiii Grotto - 3560
Victoria Harbour, Ontario, Canada
now...
Spanish Angel - 54 ' Meridian 490
Sidney, British Columbia - Canada
Canada

Postby Chris_in_Texas » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Greg,

Well as of this evening there could be a change in plans. My wife has to travel to another state now sooner so the starting point in St Louis isn't going to happen, and we will be starting in Texas I beleive, so I don't see Mapleleafs and gravy on my fries in the near future! :)

Right now its a bit up in the air yet still, should know more tomorrow.

Thanks for the offer and we might have to take you guys up on that some time. I would like to see the areas by water, espically the water ways and locks. One really gets tired of going around in circles in our lake. The only way right now to get out is to wait for a bunch of rain and run over the spillway to get to the river! :o Just like these idiots did, I guess they didn't expect the lack of lake in front of them ment that something might be wrong!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPOnDMEz ... re=related

Brian,

Thanks for the ideas as well. I hate planning vacations last min, then to have them change yet again.

On a side note I did spend about 3 months at the GM plant in Oshawa during the winter doing industrial control projects. I didn't get out much the 80 hour work weeks weren't fun at all. I even still have my Ontario Hydro approved work boots with the green seal so I could get into the plant and work.
Thanks, Chris

Chris_in_Texas

Postby Canada » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:28 am

No issues..... anytime you can get up here, and if we are around, and you want to drive an hour and a half north of Toronto, I would be please to take you for a spin in the best boating area in the world (ah, maybe the Queen Charlotte Islands in BC might be just as good). And if you want to go 'outside' and look out on fresh water yet not see the horizon, that can be done too......

Also have a few friends with Regals at Toronto Island..... could hook up with them too.

PS - I basically grew up as a kid in Oshawa to my mid 20's. Worked for a time for a trucking company that transported the cars to the dealers from Gen Auto Shippers. Spent so much time at the GM south plant, they gave me my own office..... Always avoided driving around GM when there was a shift change. :o
Greg & Kathy
was....
Knottiii Grotto - 3560
Victoria Harbour, Ontario, Canada
now...
Spanish Angel - 54 ' Meridian 490
Sidney, British Columbia - Canada
Canada

Postby Lost Weekend » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:42 pm

Hey Chris,

By all means let us know if and when you come to the T dot O. We can fix you up with some Blue Jay tickets if they're playing at home - the boys would love that.

And if there's time for a cruise and a BBQ, you're also invited for a 1 hour drive North of the City to Lake Simcoe!!
Stephen
"The Billy Madalena"
2006 - Regal 3860
Twin Volvo IPS diesel 400's
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lost Weekend

Postby Chris_in_Texas » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:13 pm

Blue Jays... Oh yea that baseball team up there... ;)

Well it doesn't look like the trip will happen this year at least that direction, but might be good next year. I would like to get up that way and see the sights away from the city a bit.

Thanks all for the hospitality... You know you're going to make me feel bad when I make some more Canada jokes! :shock:
Thanks, Chris

Chris_in_Texas

Return to General - Ontario Boating Area