35 Sport Coupe...Anyone Have One?

New, and old Regal boat model information and questions.

Re: 35 Sport Coupe...Anyone Have One?

Postby levittms » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:00 pm

It's similar. Lived on the boat 3 weeks this summer so far. I am finding the Volvo's are better on gas then I expected. Lots of little items on the new boat but Strong's Marine has been great in getting things fixed quickly.
LEVITTY
2012 Regal 42 Sport Coupe
Huntington, NY
levittms

Postby jvdo » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:31 am

Have spent the last three weeks on a '13 35 sc. Upgraded from a 2960 '09. My family and i LOVE this boat. Being 6'1" i do hit my head on sunroof edge occasionally but have accustomed my self to it. We were looking at a hard top 38 Express. I couldnt hardly stand under the roof to drive, very claustrophoic effect. The glass is amazing and can be as windy as you want or as quiet as you want. When cruising lake michigan, its nice to have my admiral at my side and be able to talk without shouting. The cabin in spacious and roomy enough for my family of four to have dinner without feeling cramped and when night hits, the queen inner spring option means a great nights sleep. The front/ 'v birth" is for my two young children whom love the flip out bottom. The handling is a dream. I will never own a boat without EVC. The handling and smoothness of operation is amazing. No more tapping throttles or playing around to get them just right and in syn. The EVC controls and stern drive joystick mean more days on the water for my wife who is challenged at docking. She has even taken it out without me a few times. Heck for that matter, my 7 yo dtr can dock with the joystick!!! The cockpit feels spacious and roomy without climbing over one another to grill, swim, get to fridge etc. As for price..... They are not cheap but nothing worth owning ever is! Lots of little problems at first but quickly addressed and fixed without any down time! The entire boat is SMOOTH! Not to mention the 100 people dingying by to check it out...
jvdo

Postby BrucenZona » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:54 pm

3 and 4 years later... how is everybody feeling about their boat and their purchase?
2017 35 Sport Coupe with Volvo 380's OX (on order)
Chillin in the AZ Desert 8-)
BrucenZona

Postby Rpontual » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:23 pm

BrucenZona wrote:3 and 4 years later... how is everybody feeling about their boat and their purchase?

The 35 SC is a pretty complete boat for the size. We have so many amenities that if we were to list one would believe to be a bigger boat.

I posted some usage information in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10381

I installed several items to the boat, if you are interested just search for "35SC" as I used this name on the subject line of all my posts ("35 SC" does not work).

There are quality issues that one should not encounter on a boat of this type... I will be posting some information on them in the near future.
Romulo

2018 Bavaria R40 Coupe, Diesel
2015 Regal 35SC, Diesel - SOLD
Rpontual

Postby MR.HAPPY » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:58 am

What are you folks seeing for top speed with the 35?
With what power?
MR.HAPPY

Postby Rpontual » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:46 pm

MR.HAPPY wrote:What are you folks seeing for top speed with the 35?
With what power?

My boat does not have the bottom painted, she leaves in a lift and has the bottom clean. I have 2x D3-220 Diesel engines. I normally run with tanks full or close to, I also keep fresh water tank full.

My cruise speed is around 30mph at 3,400rpm. At WOT the engine reaches 4,100 rpm, if I recall right it reaches around 37mph, but I never kept it long enough to find out the limit.

I find myself running at lower speeds in choppy waters, around 20-25mph to avoid bowl pounding.
Romulo

Rpontual

Postby xixp » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:37 am

Mine wih the 300 Volvo engines reaches around 40 mph.(no bottom paint).
2016 SC 35 , "Phoenix"
2010 3760 (sold)
xixp

Postby Chris_in_Texas » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:23 pm

I have the twin 300 gas and with bottom paint I can reach about 45 when its clean and about 1/2 fuel and full water tank and just me.
Thanks, Chris

2012 - Regal 35 Sports Coupe - Twin VP 5.7GiCE-300-P - DP-SA - SOLD
2011 - Sea-Doo RXT260s - 1503HO Rotax 4TEC
2007 - Regal 3060 - Twin VP 5.0OSi - XDP - SOLD
2002 - Crownline 230BR VP 8.2GSiPEFS - DP-SM - SOLD
Chris_in_Texas
2013 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!
2013 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!

Postby Rpontual » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:55 pm

I posted information on the 35SC performance as function of the engine chosen here

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27&start=40#p56879
Romulo

Rpontual

Postby BrucenZona » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:05 am

I just had the boat out on a texas lake last week. It has the 380's no bottom paint. 4 men on board 3/4 fuel in breezy conditions. we hit 52mph. I was impressed.
2017 35 Sport Coupe with Volvo 380's OX (on order)
Chillin in the AZ Desert 8-)
BrucenZona

Postby marklinton » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi all - new to the forum and have a 2017 35 SC bought at the end of last season. Firstly thanks for some of the discussion here on the forum for things like fuel fill, pluming etc. Very helpful! Great to see this community exists and hopefully I can contribute to the discussions ongoing.

To contribute to this thread - one of our key must-haves in stepping up from the Commodore 2765 to the 35SC was minimizing dealing with canvas. It's definitely been a plus in that regard, saving time and hassle all you have to do is unzip the back,roll up and you're away. Really easy and we also get small spiders at the slip dropping down from the roof, and the hardtop has made that significantly easier to deal with and keep clean inside and out.

To the point on headroom - I'm 6'3" and hit my head on the sunroof front lip a lot, for sure. Yes it's somewhat annoying but you do get used to it and ducking at the right times, and it's padded so it's a minor annoyance vs. a concussion protocol event! On the plus side when I stand on the step at the helm, i can stick my head all the way out top and catch a breeze 8-) . A side window at the helm would be nice, we have the AC package but expect a side window would be better for flow. But the walk through functions pretty well for airflow overall. On the greenhouse effect, i had a few hot days last year, no problems at all. open sunroof, walk through and zip out the back canvas and you're great. In fact it feels better than our old 2765 which had canvas everywhere (including looking through it to steer - never again!) - as that used to heat up unless we took ALL of the clear pieces out. No worries on the 35 SC.

Some discussion on performance of the engine options. We went with Volvo Deisel - I like it a lot. Not as fast by any means, we top out at just above 30mph (with bottom paint), typically cruise at ~23mph. But for me less speed is fine, and the fuel consumption seems like a good bit more economical vs gas options, so it's a tradeoff I was good with. Also like desiel vs. gas for engine room/sparking risk etc.

Net - there are a few things here and there that i've noticed (new boat teething problems mainly), a few design areas that I might have changed. But overall this is a great boat, at good value for the features you get, and well suited to what my family and I are looking to do. Kids are 9 and 11 so a good sized boat for us - but as they grow, I'm sure I'll be working to convince the boss to allow me to trade up :)
marklinton

Previous

Return to Boat Models