Regal 33 Express

New, and old Regal boat model information and questions.

Regal 33 Express

Postby lg260ss » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:50 pm

Hi All,
After 6 great seasons with our 3013 Regal 28 Express, we are looking to trade up to a new 2019 33 Express. I think the 28 is a great boat for couples or a couple with 1 kid. Now that we have 2 kids, the boat has gotten very small.

So for the 33 Express I am looking for some feedback regarding the options we are looking at and if anyone has other items to consider, that would be great. I also have a few questions.

1) Has Regal finally started putting 12v receptacles and usb jacks in the cabin?
2) Is the standard TV 12 volt so you don't have to run the gen to watch TV out on the hook?
3) are the standard cabin lights finally LED?

Options we are considering:
Engines: Volvo 300 EVC Joystick

Convertible salon berth
Generator gas
AC
Grey water (i have to get this one for the lake I boat on requires it)
Remote spotlight
Seagrass mat in cockpit
Anchor windlass with chain and rope
foredeck sunpad
companionway screen door
Flexiteek swim platform (anyone know what colors are available for this?)
Swim platform cleats
High performance stereo
Satellite stereo tuner
Either Garmin 7612 or Volvo 12" glass cockpit and auto pilot ( not sure about this, never had a boat with electronics like this)

Possibly a hard top: I like the look of the hardtop but my wife wants to see it in person before making a decision

Colors:
I think we are leaning towards Blue Steel, either just stripes or with the hull sides too
Upholstery we are thinking Titanium ( the others are a bit too yellow for our tastes)

That's all I have for now. Please feel free to chime in, I'm looking for opinions
2013 Regal 28 Express, Volvo Penta V8 380
Lake George NY
lg260ss

Re: Regal 33 Express

Postby Kikaboo » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:55 pm

What? Hard top option for the 33 Express? I was nit aware of that.,,you have a pic?

For other options I would highly recommend the 6 fender clips..,greatest thing since sliced bread.
I also prefer the seadek as opposed to the flexiteak. Seadek is soft Eva foam.
Joystick is also a great great option...makes drocking a larger boat stress free, Helps on resale as well.
I really like the swim platform lowering option...li wish that was an option when I got my boat.
Rob
New York
2015 Regal 32 Express. T-Merc 5.7 Seacore (Cloud Nine)
2018 Achilles LSI-290E (Cloud One)
2011 Stingray 215LR. Merc 5.0
Facebook group page: Cloud Nine NY
Kikaboo

Postby lg260ss » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:03 am

The hardtop is new for 2019. Below is a link to several pics of one: They also changed the cabin interior colors
http://captainsvillage.com/inventory/20 ... 3-express/

I have Sea Dek on my 28 Express. I love the softness but I don't like the fact that I had to replace it at the 4 year mark. The adhesive completely failed at 4 years and the product shrinks significantly.
The Flexiteak is more of a permanent option

Fender clips are a great idea, I'll be adding those in for sure.
Lake George NY
lg260ss

Postby Kikaboo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:36 am

lg260ss wrote:The hardtop is new for 2019. Below is a link to several pics of one: They also changed the cabin interior colors
http://captainsvillage.com/inventory/20 ... 3-express/

I have Sea Dek on my 28 Express. I love the softness but I don't like the fact that I had to replace it at the 4 year mark. The adhesive completely failed at 4 years and the product shrinks significantly.
The Flexiteak is more of a permanent option

Fender clips are a great idea, I'll be adding those in for sure.

Fantastic. I would need to get used to the look but there is NO QUESTION for me... I would get the hard top! When I was looking at boats in 2014/2015 I so wanted a hard top. in my opinion the 32/33 just keeps getting better and better.

My Sedek failed on my 32 when it was new after 2 years because the dealer did not prep the surface of the platform correctly. I've had it on another boat for 5 years so far without issue. I replaced the Seadek myself on my 32, 2 years ago and so far it's still perfect. I really only expect to get 5-7 years out of it...we just love the feel.

I ordered my boat new and didn't even know about the fender clips. I added them later and it was kind of a pain to drill etc... much easier to get done from the factory. Plus you get six if them now.
Rob
New York
Kikaboo

Postby lg260ss » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:56 am

I will be seeing a 33 with a hardtop in person at the Norwalk boat show on Sept 22. I am hoping that my wife likes it.

Did your 32 come with any USB or 12V receptacles in the cabin? My 2013 28 had none, I added several myself but I think that should be standard at this point.
Lake George NY
lg260ss

Postby Kikaboo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:04 am

lg260ss wrote:I will be seeing a 33 with a hardtop in person at the Norwalk boat show on Sept 22. I am hoping that my wife likes it.

Did your 32 come with any USB or 12V receptacles in the cabin? My 2013 28 had none, I added several myself but I think that should be standard at this point.

Cool. I'll be going to the Norwalk boat show myself. We usually spend a good amount of time at the Regal boats since we have come to know the some of the Regal players over the years.

No USB or 12V receptacles in the cabin. I thought about adding a few so the kids can charge their phones easily while underway but have not gotten around to it just yet.

If you order a boat from the factory, you can ask them to put some in for you. They will charge but they usually accommodate requests like that.
Rob
New York
Kikaboo

Postby irish86 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:21 am

I am considering the same model. On the Flexiteek - they offer several colors from very dark, to natural wood tones to grays. Check their web site for specific.

On the Garmin vs Volvo glass, all I can say is go with the largest viewing area you can possibly get. I have the 7612 on my 28 Express and I find it a little small. A larger screen lets you get more engine info on the screen without sacrificing chart / navigation area.

I really like the front adjustable sunpad. I would have loved to be able to have that on the 28. It will make that aft area so much more usable

On the color - that dark blue hull is beautiful, but think oxidation and maintenance - lots of area to buff and wax to keep looking good

Good luck!!
John

2018 Regal 28 Express 5.7 VP
'Burn Off By Noon'
Wilmington, DE
irish86

Postby lg260ss » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:29 am

irish86 wrote:I am considering the same model. On the Flexiteek - they offer several colors from very dark, to natural wood tones to grays. Check their web site for specific.

On the Garmin vs Volvo glass, all I can say is go with the largest viewing area you can possibly get. I have the 7612 on my 28 Express and I find it a little small. A larger screen lets you get more engine info on the screen without sacrificing chart / navigation area.

I really like the front adjustable sunpad. I would have loved to be able to have that on the 28. It will make that aft area so much more usable

On the color - that dark blue hull is beautiful, but think oxidation and maintenance - lots of area to buff and wax to keep looking good

Good luck!!

I have a black hull on my 28 so I know all about oxidation and maintenance. The steel blue is actually a light blue color so I am expecting less issues with it.

I agree, the sun pad not being adjustable on the 28 is a bummer, it is kind of awkward to lay on.

I know that the flexiteak is available in several colors but I always see the same brown color on Regals. I hope they allow changes there.
Lake George NY
lg260ss

Postby lg260ss » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:39 am

Kikaboo wrote:
lg260ss wrote:I will be seeing a 33 with a hardtop in person at the Norwalk boat show on Sept 22. I am hoping that my wife likes it.

Cool. I'll be going to the Norwalk boat show myself. We usually spend a good amount of time at the Regal boats since we have come to know the some of the Regal players over the years.

No USB or 12V receptacles in the cabin. I thought about adding a few so the kids can charge their phones easily while underway but have not gotten around to it just yet.

If you order a boat from the factory, you can ask them to put some in for you. They will charge but they usually accommodate requests like that.

The receptacles are quite easy to add, I'll look into having them added at the factory.
Lake George NY
lg260ss

Postby ChesapeakeLover » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:28 pm

Another thing to consider - You are jumping only a few feet in length. I'm always concerned when I see this because inevitably after 2 seasons the owners say - damn, I should've gotten the one 2 feet longer. So - I would encourage you to look at something 35'-40'. Just another viewpoint.
Tim & Jen
'Best Day Ever'
Severna Park, MD
ChesapeakeLover

Postby lg260ss » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:09 am

ChesapeakeLover wrote:Another thing to consider - You are jumping only a few feet in length. I'm always concerned when I see this because inevitably after 2 seasons the owners say - damn, I should've gotten the one 2 feet longer. So - I would encourage you to look at something 35'-40'. Just another viewpoint.

Thanks for the heads up but anything more than the 33 really starts to limit the places to go and things to do on Lake George in NY. I would prefer to stay with Regal because I love the layout and I do not like the enclosed cockpit on the SC boats.
Also, the 33 is much bigger than the 28. There is 2’ of extra beam and 5’ of total length.
Lake George NY
lg260ss

Postby Kikaboo » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:18 am

ChesapeakeLover wrote:Another thing to consider - You are jumping only a few feet in length. I'm always concerned when I see this because inevitably after 2 seasons the owners say - damn, I should've gotten the one 2 feet longer. So - I would encourage you to look at something 35'-40'. Just another viewpoint.

In my opinion the difference between the Regal 28 and 33 is significant. I have seen them both next to each other and there is no comparison. Its longer, wider and taller and its almost twice the weight. In other words in my opinion the jump between the 28 and 33 is really like a two size jump.. not to mention single engine to double.

I currently have the 32 Express and when we are looking to go larger, the 35SC does not seem like that big of a jump in terms of overall size which is why we would be looking in the 40 foot range when the time comes.
Rob
New York
Kikaboo

Postby lg260ss » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:11 am

I Have some more questions:

1) What is the cabin head room on the 32/33 express? Regal does not give this info on their website or in any literature I have seen.

2) Are the transom speakers wired to their own zone?

3) how big is the cabin fridge?

4) Where is the satellite radio antenna mounted? Regal mounts the antenna under the windshield on the 28 Express. The signal therefore gets blocked by the bimini top and arch when the boat is facing North. It is very annoying.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Lake George NY
lg260ss

Postby Kikaboo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:26 am

lg260ss wrote:I Have some more questions:

1) What is the cabin head room on the 32/33 express? Regal does not give this info on their website or in any literature I have seen.

4) Where is the satellite radio antenna mounted? Regal mounts the antenna under the windshield on the 28 Express. The signal therefore gets blocked by the bimini top and arch when the boat is facing North. It is very annoying.

Sorry don’t know the cabin head room offhand.
Yes the transom speakers are on their own zone.
Cabin and cockpit fridge are the same size. Don’t have the numbers but they are like a cube.
Don’t have Sat radio on my boat... we usually just stream from our phones. I’d imagine however the sat antenna would be mounted on the radar arch.
Rob
New York
Kikaboo

Postby lg260ss » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:53 am

Kikaboo wrote:
lg260ss wrote:I Have some more questions:

Sorry don’t know the cabin head room offhand.
Yes the transom speakers are on their own zone.
Cabin and cockpit fridge are the same size. Don’t have the numbers but they are like a cube.
Don’t have Sat radio on my boat... we usually just stream from our phones. I’d imagine however the sat antenna would be mounted on the radar arch.

Thanks for the additional info.
We are getting very excited for the boat show this weekend and we are trying to go in as prepared as possible with questions to ask.
Lake George NY
lg260ss

Postby Kikaboo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:53 pm

So I was able to see the 33 with the hard top at the Norwalk boat show. I really liked it.
Rob
New York
Kikaboo

Postby irish86 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:14 am

Don't know the precise number for the head room, but I am 6' and had plenty of room to spare. There was probably another 4-6" more clear over my head
John

'Burn Off By Noon'
Wilmington, DE
irish86

Postby lg260ss » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:50 pm

irish86 wrote:Don't know the precise number for the head room, but I am 6' and had plenty of room to spare. There was probably another 4-6" more clear over my head

I was on one this weekend and there is plenty of headroom. Also got on the 35 sc and the 33 has more headroom further forward in the cabin which surprised me.
Lake George NY
lg260ss

Postby lg260ss » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:38 am

Update!

We are moving forward with a new 2019 33 Express!

Here is what our final build looks like:
Volvo V8 300's with Joystick
Volvo 12" Glass Cockpit system
Hull color: Steel Gray
Bootstripe color: Bimini Blue
Bottom Color: White
Deck Stripe color: Steel Gray
Interior Color: Hitch
Countertops: Moon Crystal
Salon Sofa: Dulce Tusk
Salon Flooring: Maple Rum
Convertible salon berth
Gas Generator
AC w/ heat
Gas Vapor detector
Grey water system (Required)
Remote control spotlight
Cockpit cover
White enclosure upgrade
Seagrass mat
Cockpit refrigerator
Cockpit grill
Windlass with chain and rope
Fender clips
Foredeck sunpad
Companionway screen door
Underwater lights
Seadek on swim platform (gray)
Swim platform cleats
Hardtop (includes 2 speakers and LED lighting)
Stereo HP package
Stereo sat tuner (payng extra to have this mounted on top of the hardtop)

That is it, we are very excited!!
I will share pics of the build when I receive them.
Lake George NY
lg260ss

Postby irish86 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:31 pm

Outstanding! When will you be able to take delivery?
John

'Burn Off By Noon'
Wilmington, DE
irish86

Next

Return to Boat Models