2300 rx surf. Are the trim tabs adjustable?

New, and old Regal boat model information and questions.

2300 rx surf. Are the trim tabs adjustable?

Postby Adman » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:47 am

Hi everyone. I just purchased a new 2300 RX surf and hoping somebody could help clear up an issue I’m having with my trim tabs. I’ve noticed that when my ballasts are equal on both starboard and Portside and mostly filled in the center my wave shape and length are slightly different on either side. I’ve used regal view to adjust left and right and also changed position of my passengers. Regardless what I’ve done the starboard side wave has a bit more length, shape and height versus the port side. Is it possibly a trim tab adjustment that needs to be done manually under the boat? I’ve noticed there’s no option for adjusting them on regal view. I absolutely love this new boat however I wish I could create a better ride on my preferred side.
Adman

Re: 2300 rx surf. Are the trim tabs adjustable?

Postby spadelizard » Tue May 01, 2018 8:48 pm

I bet they could add adjustability with a software update but I doubt that happens. I'm still waiting for a clock.

What about weight distribution? To me it could make sense that the starboard side is different because you are sitting starboard. Do you have your gear evenly distrbuted?

Are you sure the bags are filled the same? I ask because I have one that did not empty all the way out. It always has more than the other even tho the gauge says they are the same.

I'm interested to see what you come up with and what your preferred dialed in settings are. I am still hunting for mine.
2017 2300 RX Surf
2012 2100 4.3GXI (head turner)
2003 Stingray 180rx (awesome boat but for a different lake)
spadelizard

Re: 2300 rx surf. Are the trim tabs adjustable?

Postby Kmd00 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:14 pm

On a V-drive I would blame prop torque but the 2300 has counter-rotating props right? Could it still be producing that much uneven prop torque?
Kmd00

Return to Boat Models