1988 280 Commodore location of plumbing lines

New, and old Regal boat model information and questions.

1988 280 Commodore location of plumbing lines

Postby crazy charlie » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:45 am

Hello all,new to this forum.Regal owner for past 20 years and proud of it!! Hopefully someone has some experience here on same boat.I had a water line freeze up over an extreme cold spell in Jan.The pink stuff wasnt enough.I suspect the return line from the water heater which is as far aft /port as could be.Had pink stuff running out of every faucet as i have done for past 20 years but since that is the longest running line and the last to get the pink flow,I am suspecting that is what I am going to have to replace.I have an achy hip this year so I havnt got into the compartment yet but does anyone know where the water lines ar run thru?? Front of water heater has exchange hoses only.Water feed and return has to be facing the stern but havnt poked my head back there yet.thanks Charlie
crazy charlie

Re: 1988 280 Commodore location of plumbing lines

Postby crazy charlie » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:11 pm

Replying to my own post.....not what I was hoping for but anyway....Turned the heat on ,engine compartment heater and water heater.Let it get nice and toasty under the shrinkwrap and climbed into the engine compartment.Luckily the water lines are pretty accessable.They come out the back of the waterheater(not the most accessable)and run along the inside of the transom with the wiring to the stbd side of the boat and back.gotta get some way to pressure it up to find the leak now.Pressure pump wont prime ,I guess because of the cracked tubing.Thankfully not quite as tough as I first suspected.Charlie
crazy charlie

Return to Boat Models