Bent Side windshield chrome frame

New, and old Regal boat model information and questions.

Bent Side windshield chrome frame

Postby rttgt390 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:05 am

Hi all,

My Regal 2450 LSC had a slight mishap. While the boat was being moved about in a shed it clipped the roller shutter (Not moved up high enough) The tonneau cover frame hit it and was pulled on. This raised the frame off the glass and bent the frame. I am looking for replacement parts. Where can I get them from. Regal no longer make these parts for a 2003 model. Can these parts be bent back into shape. I'm in the UK. I was not there when this happened so I little PO'd to be honest, but prepared to get this fixed somehow!

regards

Richard
rttgt390

Re: Bent Side windshield chrome frame

Postby Chris_in_Texas » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:36 pm

They would most likely be very custom for the specific model and I would think not around anymore. If you can bend it back to an acceptable (less bent) position would be the cheapest way to get it fixed. However I would think a fab metal shop could make one up maybe out of aluminum or stainless steel. I am not sure what it looks like specifically, maybe they could make a cap to go over the existing part? Just a few ideas...
Thanks, Chris

2012 - Regal 35 Sports Coupe - Twin VP 5.7GiCE-300-P - DP-SA - SOLD
2011 - Sea-Doo RXT260s - 1503HO Rotax 4TEC
2007 - Regal 3060 - Twin VP 5.0OSi - XDP - SOLD
2002 - Crownline 230BR VP 8.2GSiPEFS - DP-SM - SOLD
Chris_in_Texas
2013 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!
2013 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!

Re: Bent Side windshield chrome frame

Postby rttgt390 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:43 am

Chris_in_Texas wrote:They would most likely be very custom for the specific model and I would think not around anymore. If you can bend it back to an acceptable (less bent) position would be the cheapest way to get it fixed. However I would think a fab metal shop could make one up maybe out of aluminum or stainless steel. I am not sure what it looks like specifically, maybe they could make a cap to go over the existing part? Just a few ideas...

Thanks Chris,

Taylor Made Systems in New York made the parts for Regal. I found out through the internet. Regal gave me a part number so I have asked them to quote. Also a company in the UK said they can replicate the part for me too. About £200. So waiting to see if the part in the US is any cheaper first. Hopefully know by the weekend.

regards

Richard
rttgt390

Return to Boat Models