24 fasdeck

New, and old Regal boat model information and questions.

24 fasdeck

Postby oldsman » Mon May 15, 2017 5:05 pm

I have a question for owners of a 24 fasdeck. I am new to this boat and noticed yesterday that with a full tank of gas the back swim platform is in the water a little when me and my wife sat on the back lounge. Is this normal as I didn't think it would drop that bad. I know if me and her sit on the swim platform with are feet in the water we are going to get wet all the time Like I said I'm new to this style of boat. The bilge does not have any water in it. My concern is this boat sat in the water for one season in Kentucky and I hope it doesn't have water logg issues. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. My last boat didn't do this but the swim platform was a couple inches higher and thicker . Thanks
oldsman

Re: 24 fasdeck

Postby ctallstar » Thu May 18, 2017 8:43 pm

Mine does the same thing. Seems logical to me with all the weight towards the stern of the boat and with how low the swim deck already sits.
ctallstar

Re: 24 fasdeck

Postby Al_M » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:12 pm

2013 24 Fasdeck. My swim platform also laps water onto the swim platform with two people far to the stern or sitting with legs over sun pad to the platform. I guess there are plusses and minuses. It is nice for people in the water, swim up to it and you can put your arms on the platform and rest there, or just climb up on.
Do not see it as a problem with your boat, it was designed that way.

Of note I can stand on the platform and do things like button and secure down my canvas in my slip and if not rocking or shifting my weight suddenly I can keep my feet dry. I weight 210 or so.

Hope that helps

Al
Al_M

Return to Boat Models