Have To Wonder If Regal Reads any Posts On this Forum?

If you could ask Regal a question directly then what would it be? (While Regal does read our site from time to time please do not expect them to answer your question here!)

Have To Wonder If Regal Reads any Posts On this Forum?

Postby gofast24 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:23 am

Just thinking that as there are hundreds (or thousands) of Regal Owners on this forum does Regal ever read or respond to any of our questions? They have to have millions of dollars of sales to all of us and would think they could spend a few minutes reading and responding to some of our "appropriate" questions with out getting in between them and their distributors/service dealers? Haven't e mailed Regal for a year or more with any questions but sometimes get a response, sometimes not:(
Seems like this forum is giving good advice and answering many questions owners have but would still like regal to chime in once in a while?
gofast24
2001 Regal 4160
Twin VP 8.1GSiI V Drive Inboards
Lake Lanier, GA
gofast24

Re: Have To Wonder If Regal Reads any Posts On this Forum?

Postby Chris_in_Texas » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:03 pm

There are a few employee's from time to time that answer, but overall no they don't. I would think that the "Social Media" person with the company would do it, and then request input from various employee's from time to time depending on the questions.
Thanks, Chris

2012 - Regal 35 Sports Coupe - Twin VP 5.7GiCE-300-P - DP-SA - SOLD
2011 - Sea-Doo RXT260s - 1503HO Rotax 4TEC
2007 - Regal 3060 - Twin VP 5.0OSi - XDP - SOLD
2002 - Crownline 230BR VP 8.2GSiPEFS - DP-SM - SOLD
Chris_in_Texas
2013 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!
2013 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!

Postby xixp » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:44 pm

It has always amazed me that in these times of social media popularity Regal does t even host this forum.
Interaction with their customers should be a priority but it seems that they only limit themselves in “one way”
Communicationst through FB ,twitter, etc.
2016 SC 35 , "Phoenix"
2010 3760 (sold)
xixp

Postby Rpontual » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:51 pm

I have been on the "other side" on my previous job. The best way a company can help is to not host the site and to not participate actively.

The majority of the questions and posts are obvious questions/issues from users that do not bother reading manuals, users can help each other, there are also basic whining that is better not answered. On my previous job we would scan for patterns to improve manuals or the product, but this does not mean a recall. Naturally, there were also real issues found. On those cases we either PMed the user or posted a solution for all undercover.
Romulo

2018 Bavaria R40 Coupe, Diesel
2015 Regal 35SC, Diesel - SOLD
Rpontual

Postby gofast24 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:27 am

Rpontual wrote:I have been on the "other side" on my previous job. The best way a company can help is to not host the site and to not participate actively.

The majority of the questions and posts are obvious questions/issues from users that do not bother reading manuals, users can help each other, there are also basic whining that is better not answered. On my previous job we would scan for patterns to improve manuals or the product, but this does not mean a recall. Naturally, there were also real issues found. On those cases we either PMed the user or posted a solution for all undercover.

i agree, you have a good point! From the other side of my life in the diesel engine business we relied on our regional service managers to review questions/problems and if they thought this needed factory service or engineering to get involved we would get a phone call or e mail from them.
I also believe the owners of "big" expensive vessels really dont have any background or experience in engines/maintenance/service but they probably just refer their problem to their local marina/service department to resolve the problem? Some of our dock mates are in this category?
gofast24
2001 Regal 4160
Lake Lanier, GA
gofast24

Postby On Holiday » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:19 am

gofast24 wrote:They have to have millions of dollars of sales to all of us

I haven't given a dollar to Regal as I purchased used from a private seller.
2006 Regal 2400
On Holiday

Postby gofast24 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:06 am

On Holiday wrote:
gofast24 wrote:They have to have millions of dollars of sales to all of us

I haven't given a dollar to Regal as I purchased used from a private seller.

Most likely you did by buying the 2400 from a private owner and he possibly then bought a newer or larger boat from Regal? Also, when you need parts or service (or warranty?) you will be supporting Regal and / or their distributors/dealers/parts operation? OK, Bottom line, you dont want or expect any help/response from Regal on any problems you might encounter with your vessel?
gofast24
2001 Regal 4160
Lake Lanier, GA
gofast24

Return to Ask Regal