Regal 28 Express; anyone tow from the power tower?

If you could ask Regal a question directly then what would it be? (While Regal does read our site from time to time please do not expect them to answer your question here!)

Regal 28 Express; anyone tow from the power tower?

Postby russky2k » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:37 am

Hello All:
My wife and I just purchased a 28 express and love it! We do want to be able to tow wake boarders from a higher point and are wondering if anyone out there with a 28 express has placed a tow mount on their power tower. Any issues or pointers? I know for other models that is something it is made for but when I asked Regal directly I didn't get a clear answer. Let me know.

Thanks!
Attachments
Boat.jpg
First time out!
russky2k

Re: Regal 28 Express; anyone tow from the power tower?

Postby Ccleveng » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:15 pm

Also looking for any recommendations on towing from the power tower. Have a new 26 OBX and don't want to damage anything in the process. Thanks.
Ccleveng

Postby russky2k » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:59 am

I actually ended up getting an Insanity Pylon and we're going to try it out next week. I'll let you know how it goes.
russky2k

Postby Ella28 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:55 pm

When we first saw the 28 Express at a boat show back in 2012 the local dealer told us we could use the power tower for watersports towing. Once we learned that we went on the hunt for a 28 Express as we would be replacing our Sea Ray 240 Sundeck that had a tower and we did a lot of watersports with. We went to the boat shows in 2013 and 2014 and the dealer once again told us we could use the tower. In 2015 we finally found our 28 Express which was a brand new left-over 2013 out in Wisconsin and we had it shipped to CT. After getting to see our boat and the tower I called Regal about using the tower and they said absolutely not, it doesn't have the supports in it for watersports. That was a big bummer to learn, especially since the 2013's did not even have a ski tow eye. Regal told me to buy a towing bridle and connect them to the stern cleats which we have done but it is not the same as having a tower for your tow point.
2013 Regal 28 Express "Ella"
2007 Sea Ray 240 Sundeck (sold)
2001 Sea Ray 210 Sundeck (sold)
Ella28

Return to Ask Regal