1999 Regal 402 Heart Interface Wiring / Usage?

If you could ask Regal a question directly then what would it be? (While Regal does read our site from time to time please do not expect them to answer your question here!)

1999 Regal 402 Heart Interface Wiring / Usage?

Postby oak_box » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:23 pm

I just bought a 1999 Regal 402.

The survey pointed out that it includes a Heart Interface Inverter (model number 81-0104-12(216), Serial number 170481).

The boat came with a lot (most? all?) of the original documentation, including the manual for the Heart Interface Inverter. The manual shows at least 8 different ways the inverter could have been wired... LOL!

So far, I haven't been able to find anything that makes the inverter work. I've tried disconnecting from shore power (with the generator off), and turning the main breakers back on. No voltage is indicated, and I wasn't able to find any outlets that worked. I also left the charger "on". There isn't a switch or breaker that I could find for a "converter". As best as I can tell, the small switch on the top of the inverter is in the "on" position (hard to see back there). There is no remote control panel for the inverter that I could find.

Can anyone tell me what the inverter is wired to (all plugs, or just some?), and how is it activated? I'm assuming this one unit is supposed to work as both the battery charger AND the inverter - correct?

Thanks!
John
oak_box

Re: 1999 Regal 402 Heart Interface Wiring / Usage?

Postby Rpontual » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:29 pm

I do not know details on this inverter. But I believe my boat has an inverter to power a 110V TV.
Romulo

2015 Regal 35SC, Diesel
Rpontual

Return to Ask Regal