Windshield Ventura 8.3

Looking for something? Ask here.

Windshield Ventura 8.3

Postby rob4870 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:39 pm

Hey all.

I'm looking for a starboard windshield for my Regal Ventura 8.3. I believe all years of 8.3 were the same.

Thanks.
Rob
rob4870

Re: Windshield Ventura 8.3

Postby Powell Play » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:42 am

Rob, I am also looking for a windshield but for a 2007 Regal 2400, the entire left and right sides. Apparently the original owner removed it and we are the 3rd owner trying to find one. Regal could not help, nor could Taylor Marine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Powell Play

Postby rob4870 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:23 pm

I've been back and forth with Taylor. They put me in touch with the custom fabrication department: acoco@taylormadesystems.com. Andy has been very patient and helpful with me. They originally told me they could do nothing. Then, they said that they could completely fabricate a new windshield and frame to fit the boat...which is what you would be doing since you don't have any of it. In my case, I still have the old frame. After telling them that and sending pictures of the boat, they finally came back and said that they could make one to fit into my frame if I send it to them.

Hopefully, they can help you as well.
Rob
rob4870

Postby Chris_in_Texas » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:01 pm

I think that the only way you would find one is a boat graveyard that still has one intact. The other thing could be a custom manufacture of something that would be stupid expensive I am afraid. That is the issue with the custom glass for sure. The glass manufactures only make a short run of them and then its not worth for them to do anymore.

You maybe make something in an acrylic type wind screen. It wouldn't have to be as fancy, but might be an alternative to not having anything. As acrylic could be formed much easier than safety glass. You might be able to get away from having as much frame around it as well or could do some sort of vertical supports if they would fit. Just an out of the box idea, as if both the manufacture and Regal can't help you might be out of luck with a replacement. :(
Thanks, Chris

2012 - Regal 35 Sports Coupe - Twin VP 5.7GiCE-300-P - DP-SA - SOLD
2011 - Sea-Doo RXT260s - 1503HO Rotax 4TEC
2007 - Regal 3060 - Twin VP 5.0OSi - XDP - SOLD
2002 - Crownline 230BR VP 8.2GSiPEFS - DP-SM - SOLD
Chris_in_Texas
2013 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!
2013 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!

Return to Items Wanted