Welcome to the Regal Owners Forum!

Open Topic, General Social Lounge

Re: Welcome to the Regal Owners Forum!

Postby Pepi » Mon May 16, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi folks...Just picked up a 1984 277XL Commodore. My wife and I are new to boating. Seeing as the boat is somewhat old, I think I may in here quite a bit trying to figure out what's what.
We live in Tarrytown NY and the boat is docked just north of the Tappan Zee bridge on the majestic Hudson.
Pepi

Postby Politidis1 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:11 am

Hello everyone I am new to boating and I need a little help .just purchased a 2760 commodore 2001 and I am looking to find the owners manual.I have already drain the batteries once I am sure I will have few more questions in the near future
Anastasio
Politidis1

Postby GrandLake8.3 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:43 pm

Hello
Steve H. Grand Lake , Oklahoma
Just purchased a 1994 regal 8.3 cuddy
This is one of the best riding 27' boats I have ever been in. Looking forward to next year as our boating season is nearing the end.
Thanks for the site!
GrandLake8.3

Postby neagrammata » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi all.

First of all a BIG thank you to Rommer and all the contributors and people running this forum. The forum was invaluable for finding most of the information we needed before buying our boat.
Our family decided to join in on the fun and ordered a Regal 24 FasDeck. Took 3 months to get it built and shipped to Europe, another month to make a few minor modifications to keep local authorities happy, but now she is in the water and ready for the sunny days of the year.

Alex
neagrammata
Regal Owners Supporter

Postby jimbo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi guys,
i joined a while ago but never actually said hi.

ill let you know a little about me, i have a 2003 regal 1800 which we bought 3 years ago. we use it in North Wales in the UK whenever we can and have a lot of fun on it.

its nice to see a dedicated forum with loads of people on. im sure i will be able to answer a few questions and i will probably ask a fair few myself.

thanks for the site guys
james
Check out my blog: http://www.sailingnorthwales.blogspot.co.uk/
jimbo

Postby coryjud » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:54 am

considering purchase of 98 regal 2760. what issues should i be aware of?
coryjud

Postby Fishman4080 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:19 pm

Just joined & it seems like a Great Site, just got a 2006-4080...Jeff :D
Fishman4080
2012 Regal Owners Supporter

Postby ImRich » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:12 pm

Just saying hi.

I put a deposit on an '05 model 3560 with twin 8.1 Gi-E with DP-SM IOs.

Survey is this week and then the sea trials. Wish me luck!

Rich
Rich
2005 - 3560
Unbelievable!
NH
ImRich

Postby WM4060 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:39 pm

Hey Rich... congrats - good luck!

~Cheers
WM4060

Postby nawtical1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:30 am

Welcome. Good luck with the survey and closing.
WARNER
"Sol Poniente"
2004 3860 Hard Top
2005 Crowline 216 LS 350 Magnum Bravo III
310 Rib

Slidell La.
nawtical1
2012 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!
2012 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!

Postby HunkyDory » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:45 pm

coryjud wrote:considering purchase of 98 regal 2760. what issues should i be aware of?

Hey, CoryJud. In January I bought a 98 Regal 2750 converted with options to a 2760 and so I can't speak from experience yet as we just got the sick port engine out for a remanufactured replacement. But I can tell you that my adult sons and I did a lot of comparison shopping and in the end I had to go the extra distance (literally) to buy the Regal and chose the 2760 over the 2660 for her extra beam width. Ours still trailers well and we are looking forward to not bobbing like a cork on the lake anymore.

Get it surveyed and I had BoatUS do an online appraisal.
Good luck with your hunt.
T.W. aka WileECoyoteSr
Captain - Hunky Dory
98 Regal Commodore 2750/2760 El Dorado Lake, KS.
HunkyDory
2013 Regal Owners Supporter

Postby RickT » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:35 pm

My wife and I are interested in a diesel powered 4160 or 4260's. I can find performance data for the 480 HP Volvo's but none on the 370 HP Cummins Diesels. At $4 to $5 a gallon for fuel, sometimes less is more. Can anyone help us out please. Thank you, Rick
RickT

Postby Jack » Thu May 02, 2013 11:32 am

Hi all... I didn't see a "introduction thread" so I figured this was the best place to post. New member here, but I've been lurking for a bit picking up very useful info. The admiral and I are currently in an '05 Sea Ray 260DA but are ready for the jump up. We've both always liked the Regals and have the 3560/3760 on our short list so I figured I'd join the group now to help with my search.
Jack

Postby another ntmare » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:44 pm

I have been watching this site but didn't join until I purchased my first Regal. I have already learned a great deal from many past posts. 2007 Regal 2665
07' 2665
another ntmare

Postby lothar flath » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:31 am

hello,
first I want to introduce myself. My name is lothar and I live in Germany between darmstadt and frankfurt.
I had since I was 17 age of total destroyed only sailboats and motorboats later. Of these, there were up to today 4 sailboats and motorboats 4.
In Germany I am in the boat forum. So I have experience in forums.
If I am in a position to know with my being able to help you, I'm ready.
I think there but there will be some difficulties with the language. I will take a translation program to help.
My new boat is a Regal 2565 year built 2008 with a volvo penta 5.0 gxi-3 engine.
I would be happy if I could get of you wondering aid for my first two.
1 I have done right to bring everything to the motor safely through frosty times?
with my vp 5.o gxi -3 motor I removed drain screw the blue Kunsstoff and drained the water. I do not know whether the water in the circuit after the termostatfentil also expires.
For my previous engines, there were two circular runs namely a Frichwasser and a seawater circulation. In the fresh water circuit was always antifreeze available.
Does my new engine not these two circular runs?
2 I want to connect a elektriche windlass. This I would need an electro-plan. In anchor a cable box stang ends with 4 thin and 3 thick cables.
Is that the preparation is an electric windlass and a searchlight can install missing? And on the dashboard is on and switch off an anchor.
I want to mount a lewmar v 700 windlass.
Best regards Lothar
lothar flath

Postby keepsthabeat » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Hello to all, Zack here. I just got my first cruiser which is a 1991 Regal Commodore 270. Spent the night on it last night, and am so happy with everything so far. I bought it with the air conditioning unit already removed. The guy i bought it from says the unit was tested and only needs a new capacitor, is that a tough fix? If i have someone repair and install what is a ballpark figure on that? Right now the weather isn't an issue but come summer time here in Texas, it will be a necessity. I have the 12volt DC mini fridge, does anyone know how long the batts can run it when off of shore power? I have 3 batteries.
keepsthabeat

Postby mikee » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:57 pm

keepsthabeat wrote: I have the 12volt DC mini fridge, does anyone know how long the batts can run it when off of shore power? I have 3 batteries.

The length of time of running it off batteries will vary. Are you on shore power and are the items cold prior to unpluging? While the fridge may be OK for keeping cold items cold, it will have to run much longer initially if the items are warm (common sense). The mini fridge on my 92 will kill a grp 27 battery in 24-36 hours; and I do mean kill. The label on the fridge is faded but from what I can read it draws slightly more that 4 amps.
Although you have three batteries, you did not mention if all three were on 1 bank and another battery on another bank for emergency starting; or 2 were in a bank and the third was a seperate bank. A better way to look at your 12V capacity is not by the number of batteries but the amp hours of the bank you will be running off of. With three 100 amp hour batteries (300 total amp hours) that will yield about 150 amp hours at a 50% discharge; 50% is about the most you'll want to go or the batteries will not have a long life. How often the fridge runs vs being off is something you may estimate once you start using the boat; naturally at night when the temps cool down it will run less. My guess is with a cold fridge with cold items you should be able to go out Friday night and leave it run till Sunday without much of an issue; assuming your other 12V draw is not that great.
Mike
1992 Valanti 260
mikee

Postby keepsthabeat » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:03 pm

Thank you for the response,

The batts are setup as bank of 2, and 1 dedicated for start up. I am a newbie so it hard for me to state specifics at this point. the two batteries on the bank are very large(i'de say twice the size of a car battery, and are brand new on the port side), the other on the starboard side is about the same size as a car battery. I am actually going to take it out on the water today under the supervision of the company I bought it from to learn to dock and get briefed on the functions.
keepsthabeat

Postby another ntmare » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:57 pm

The guy i bought it from says the unit was tested and only needs a new capacitor, is that a tough fix?

Hey Zack, Replacement of the capacitor is a cheap fix. I always like to replace the complete start pack ( relay, start and run capacitor). This way you can rest assured everything will hold up and you are already in the box anyways. The price will vary depending on the size of the capacitor. It shouldn't be more than 50 dollars. Good luck and welcome

Mark
07' 2665
another ntmare

Postby Nutoy8 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:45 am

Hello to all! New Regal owner here. Just took delivery of a 2014 1900 ES...beautiful! We are in the Orlando area and enjoy the gulf beaches. Taking maiden voyage today. Will reply with pics.

Tony and Monica
Nutoy8

PreviousNext

Return to Dockside Chat