Hot water fitting popped loose - 28 Express

Open Topic, General Social Lounge

Hot water fitting popped loose - 28 Express

Postby glennr » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:12 pm

Was staying overnight at slip and got up Sunday morning to no running hot water. Went outside to find bilge pump running full stream of water, raised deck lid to find water spraying behind waste tank. I assume Regal uses sea tech fitting and 15 mm pipe? Now the real question how hard will it be to pull waste tank to get access to fittings. :
glennr

Re: Hot water fitting popped loose - 28 Express

Postby kthurt » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:15 pm

I can't answer your question about access, but when my heater outlet fitting was leaking, I struggled trying to replace the entire fitting. Then I realized all that was needed was to replace the oring in the female fitting. Took 5 minutes and is now leak tight.
Ken

2000 - 2760, Twin 4.3 Volvo GI PEFS, DPS
2012 - Seadoo GTX-S 155
kthurt

Re: Hot water fitting popped loose - 28 Express

Postby gofast24 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:01 am

Were you on dock water or vessel fresh water tank/pump while this was happening? We never stay on dock water and turn off the fresh water pump overnight, either on the hook or at dock. Just another little security feature after encountering this type of failure. Also, when on the 12 VDC fresh water pump like to hear it running when it is pumping and not hear anything when off. I never installed the rubber vibration isolaters that came with the new pump mounted to the fwd engine room bulk head last year so I could hear when it was running, day or night.
gofast24
2001 Regal 4160
Twin VP 8.1GSiI V Drive Inboards
Lake Lanier, GA
gofast24

Return to Dockside Chat