Visiting Boston

Open Topic, General Social Lounge

Visiting Boston

Postby cordale » Tue May 01, 2018 6:46 pm

I’ll be going to Boston for the first time (work trip) Coming up in a few weeks. I’ll have half a day to kill sight seeing. Any tips for must sees in the city?
cordale

Re: Visiting Boston

Postby Mischief Managed » Thu May 03, 2018 2:27 pm

The USS Constitution is worth a visit. A duck tour is a great way to see some sights and get ideas for things you might want to explore further. The "Freedom Trail" is a nifty walk if you like history. Faneuil Hall is a must see for many tourists. I love the MIT museum, but then again, I'm an engineer. If the weather is nice, a walk along the Esplanade is really nice. HArd to beat Fenway Park if you are a baseball fan/baseball history buff. The Public Gardens and Boston Common are incredibly nice parks (and they are adjacent to each other). Newbury Street is great for shopping. A harbor tour would be fun, I suspect. There are great views from the Hancock or Prudential building observation decks. Good luck!
Raymond NH, USA

Mischief Managed
2000 2550 LSC
7.4 MPI Bravo 3
Mischief Managed

Postby cordale » Fri May 04, 2018 9:03 am

Thanks for the feedback!
cordale

Postby Mischief Managed » Fri May 04, 2018 11:31 am

One thing I forgot to mention, Boston is really small and great for walking. If you start at Boston Common, you can walk one end of the Freedom Trail to Faneuil Hall and see a ton of historic things in short distance.
Raymond NH, USA

Mischief Managed
2000 2550 LSC
7.4 MPI Bravo 3
Mischief Managed

Return to Dockside Chat