New to regal and cuddy cabins please help

Open Topic, General Social Lounge

New to regal and cuddy cabins please help

Postby Ryanlowman » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:53 pm

I just bought a 1996 regal 258 commodore and it seems to be in really decent shape.. however I know nothing about any of the power system, I know how to turn on the shore power and that’s about it.. so any advice or tips would be so helpful. I know of one water tank at the bow.. I have to aft tanks on each side that I do not know what they are. Well one says waste so I’m pretty sure of that one..
Main issue at the moment. When I flip the water pressure switch it makes a pulsating sound and flickers the lights every second or so. And gets louder and louder..
how do I get the commode to flush. I assume it has its own water tank but I don’t know where it is.
I am literally stupid with this boat so any helpful pointers would be greatly appreciated
Ryanlowman

Re: New to regal and cuddy cabins please help

Postby crazy charlie » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:56 pm

GOOD LUCK WITH THE BOAT.As far as the head,it really depends how it is hooked up.There should be an intake line running to the bottom of the hull which connects to the head near the pump handle.There should also be a shutoff gates type valve at the hull connection.Make sure it is open and pump the handle.This should get some water flowing.This is how my regal is hooked up.Post back what you have and we can try to figure it out.Charlie
crazy charlie

Postby EpicWakeJump » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:16 pm

It sounds like your water pump isn't priming?

Pics and video's will be your godsends for answers to these type of problems.

Good luck!
2013 Regal 28 Express 300 hp volvo-penta
EpicWakeJump

Postby Ryanlowman » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:09 pm

I’ll try to video tomorrow.. I opened the valve.. no water is coming up to the head.. when I flip the flush switch it does make humming noise but nothing comes out and nothing goes down the toilet. I’m wondering if it would be easier to just replace the whole toilet or if there might be suggestions of what to do. I do believe there is a leak in my fresh water lines.. as the pump comes on and off continuesly. I saw the rinse off water line is leaking when ever I turn on the water pressure. Does anyone know what fittings I would need to replace them?
Ryanlowman

Return to Dockside Chat