Regal 3780

Open Topic, General Social Lounge

Regal 3780

Postby cstoerzinger » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:51 am

Anyone have any information on the used 2001 regal 3780's for sale in the CT and NY? I have worked with my local Marine Max (Bayport, MN) but was wondering if anyone has either taken a look at the boat(s) or is the current ownership. The NY boat is through national liquidators in port Washington and the CT boat is through Marine max in Norwalk.

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... encyid=100
cstoerzinger

Re: Regal 3780

Postby gofast24 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:37 am

Viewing the yacht world listings the prices are way too high, especially for what looks to be a vessel that is or has been docked on salt water all its life?
Just FYI, our vessel was purchased 4 years ago for about the same price that the listing on the web site you are asking about. As usual they dont list the engine or gen set hours or availability of maintenance records! Positive is that it is a diesel powered vessel but the maintenance and service records are just as important!
Good luck, let us know what you find out!
gofast24
2001 Regal 4160
Twin VP 8.1GSiI V Drive Inboards
Lake Lanier, GA
gofast24

Postby Kikaboo » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:14 pm

The boat in CT is next door to where I am keeping my boat on the hard this winter. I'll plan on heading over to my boat this weekend. Let me know if you want me to take any additional pics or check out anything with the CT boat.

Rob
Rob
New York
2015 Regal 32 Express. T-Merc 5.7 Seacore (Cloud Nine)
2018 Achilles LSI-290E (Cloud One)
2011 Stingray 215LR. Merc 5.0
Facebook group page: Cloud Nine NY
Kikaboo

Postby cstoerzinger » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:42 pm

Rob,

I apologize for not responding quicker, I am not receiving notifications from replies.

Initially I am just wondering how great of shape the boat is in and try to determine if it is something I am actually considering coming to take a look at. The Initial things that I would check would be hull shape, inspect for any damage, engine room cleanliness and shape and the interior/exterior quality/shape.

I am not sure if this vessel is wrapped or how it is being stored.

I did find a large enough slip for this boat at my local marina but it is not available till after our season up here (sometime in Sept.) when boats start to come out for the winter, so obviously this is nothing that I am able to do anytime soon. Which may result in the boat no longer being available.

If you did take a look at it, let me know. As always I appreciate the information and help.

Thanks,

Chris
cstoerzinger

Postby cstoerzinger » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:49 pm

GoFast24,

Thanks for the information.

I am very skeptical of the national liquidators listings and as of now it has been pulled down.

I do have some further information on the Norwalk, CT boat. From what I understand there has been a replaced diesel engine which is concerning due to unknown causes leading to the engine swap. I also understand the seller is willing to work with a buyer on the price, there has been one lower offer that was accepted and the buyers financing fell through. I do have concerns with salt water boats, fears of gel coat quality, eisenglass quality and mechanical components failing due to a boat that was not taken care of properly while in salt water.

Any suggestions or further insight is welcome.
cstoerzinger

Postby waynepj3 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:53 pm

Diesels for $90k! Jump on it or someone else will.

cstoerzinger wrote:Anyone have any information on the used 2001 regal 3780's for sale in the CT and NY? I have worked with my local Marine Max (Bayport, MN) but was wondering if anyone has either taken a look at the boat(s) or is the current ownership. The NY boat is through national liquidators in port Washington and the CT boat is through Marine max in Norwalk.

waynepj3

Postby gofast24 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:01 pm

waynepj3 wrote:Diesels for $90k! Jump on it or someone else will.

cstoerzinger wrote:Anyone have any information on the used 2001 regal 3780's for sale in the CT and NY? I have worked with my local Marine Max (Bayport, MN) but was wondering if anyone has either taken a look at the boat(s) or is the current ownership. The NY boat is through national liquidators in port Washington and the CT boat is through Marine max in Norwalk.

I recommend you dont jump on anything without knowing the engine hours, gen set hours, copies of maintenance records, and especially have a full dry dock and sea trial survey done before purchasing, especially for a salt water vessel. I dont think your location or annual usage requires diesels? Where would you dock and how far would your weekend trips be? Just FYI, we purchased our 4160 4 years ago with 640 engine hours, spotless vessel, and only on fresh water in or lake since new for about the same price you indicated for the vessel you are looking at..Guess you have to also consider shipping costs to your area which could be quite expensive? Good luck and let us know how you proceed.
gofast24
2001 Regal 4160
Twin VP 8.1GSiI V Drive Inboards
Lake Lanier, GA
gofast24

Return to Dockside Chat