Gift for a Regal owner, help

Open Topic, General Social Lounge

Gift for a Regal owner, help

Postby BK2017 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:19 am

Hello Regal owners forum,

Unfortunately, I am not a Regal owner (hopefully in the future) but my father is! He has just gone and purchased a 2017 Regal 2000ESX http://www.used.forsale/regal-boat with pretty much every extra you can possibly get. Since it landed in the water he is going out all the time flying around and even tries to do a little fishing. His birthday is coming up in 5 weeks where he will be hitting the Golden age of 57 and I am wanting to get him something related to his new Regal but I don't even know where to start. This will be the first present I have been able to get him so I want it to be a nice one, I have been searching for weeks now and my brain is just blank when it comes to getting him a gift and my mother always says he's hard to buy for so it doesn't make my job any easier.

The one present I was thinking of because I know he hasn't got it, is one of those floating devices for his keys apart from that blank like I said above. What kind of present would you Regal owners love from your son on your Birthday? any ideas you can share with me would be greatly appreciated and I'm sure my father will appreciate it too.

Thanks
Last edited by BK2017 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BK2017

Re: Gift for a Regal owner, help

Postby steve & dot » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:37 am

Congrats to your father, that's nice that you are considering a gift, for what most of us think is our favorite hobby.

Does his boat already have a GPS/Fish Finder? Our boat is much older than his and only came with factory depth gauge- our Garmin GPS/Fish Finder is a "can't do without" item now.
Did he name his boat? If not, you could offer to buy him a custom name decal that you guys could design together (I like BoatUS.com).
If he already has a name, you could get a custom hat or coffee mug or shirt to match the boat name.
Like everyone, we always have a bag of stuff to carry onto the boat with us (towels, suntan lotion, hats etc.), we bought a customized bag with our boat name on it.
Does he have a VHF radio? If not, you could buy him a portable one.
Will he clean/wax/detail himself? Get him an orbital polisher.
After losing my favorite hat, we bought a 3 pack of lanyards with clips to secure our hats when zipping around. (Amazon).
Sunglasses.
A subscription to a boating magazine.
SeaTow or Tow BoatUS membership- not that I am wishing any breakdowns on him- just piece of mind.

Good luck!
2007 Regal 1900 - 4.3GXi V/P SX
South Jersey
steve & dot

Postby gofast24 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:36 am

All good ideas!
In my case just the opposite, I bought my son a full tank(s) of gas for his birthday! As he actually mainly uses the boat I found out the hard way that a 4160 has two 150 gallon tanks! Found out that close to 250 gallons at $3.60 / gallon fill up was pretty pricey! 1/2 of my SS check! Told him the next fill up is on him :)
Agree, nice of you to think about your dad!
gofast24
2001 Regal 4160
Twin VP 8.1GSiI V Drive Inboards
Lake Lanier, GA
gofast24

Postby On Holiday » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:13 pm

Nice offer to fill up his tank, next time you will need to do your research on how big the tank is.

Lots of options, what is the price range? I gave my uncle a 24" personalized ring buoy with the name of his lake house on it. Other suggestions is to get a case of cozies that he can hand out to guests, a carpet/ mat that he can place on the cushions for people to step on.
2006 Regal 2400
On Holiday

Postby Rpontual » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:01 pm

If his boat has a garmin gps, you could give him a "bluechart" map upgrade.
Depending on where he boats an EPIRB.
Romulo

2018 Bavaria R40 Coupe, Diesel
2015 Regal 35SC, Diesel - SOLD
Rpontual

Postby kellyg » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:24 pm

I am around your dad's age, and a perfect gift for me would be a day out on the water with my son and wife.
A memory created on the water will last a lifetime and is priceless.
Between college, medical school & residency. my son has been away for 8 years. I would give anything to spend a day on the water again, just fishing and sharing stories.

Good luck and happy birthday to your dad.
Gary Kelly
Mount Sinai, NY
2001 Regal 3780
REPOWERED WITH YANMAR 2011
Smooth seas never made a skillful mariner
kellyg
2012 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!
2012 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!

Postby On Holiday » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:17 am

kellyg wrote:I am around your dad's age, and a perfect gift for me would be a day out on the water with my son and wife.
A memory created on the water will last a lifetime and is priceless.
Between college, medical school & residency. my son has been away for 8 years. I would give anything to spend a day on the water again, just fishing and sharing stories.

Good luck and happy birthday to your dad.

Excellent suggestion
2006 Regal 2400
On Holiday

Postby erussl07 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:54 am

A fishing gear/equipment would be nice present also if he loves to go fishing.
erussl07

Postby Captain B » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:30 pm

You could order some Regal merch from their online store @ https://regal-boats.myshopify.com/
Captain B
'97 Regal Commodore 322
Port Dover, Ontario
Captain B

Return to Dockside Chat