Jacksonville FL

The Regal Owners Forum encourages members, groups and organizations to post their meeting schedules and contact information in this forum for the Florida area.

Jacksonville FL

Postby iknowalttl » Thu May 15, 2008 8:52 pm

4th of July, St Johns River downtown area... I am going to trailer to Jacksonville and watch the fireworks from the St Johns river... something I have wanted to do for a long time... I lived at Jacksonville Beach for many years and have often thought of watching the fireworks show from the river but have never had the chance... this year I am going to make it happen... would be cool to meet other Regal owners if anyone is in tne area around then...
Mike
'89 Commodore 280
5.0s and Alphas
Fanning Springs, Fl
iknowalttl

Re: Jacksonville FL

Postby whydude » Tue May 27, 2008 7:51 pm

Sounds pretty good, we may be able to make it, especially since its a 3-day weekend.
Message me for specifics, don't know the waterways, and we may need a place you trust to put in -

Jax is a 3 hr trailering experience for us (probably 1.5-2days by water :))
- Michael & Crystal
Regal 2665
Sanford, FL
whydude

Postby iknowalttl » Tue May 27, 2008 8:30 pm

I am going to have to ask around myself... I have never been in that area either but I do have a friend in that area that should have a bit of knowledge of the area... they have been know to frequent the downtown area and live on the river a couple miles south of there... I don't have the details together but I will keep you posted as I figure it out... I am the kind of person that is bad about planning things out, I just kinda do it as it goes as long as it feels good and safe... so far plans consist of trailering about 120 miles and being on the river watching fireworks...
Mike
'89 Commodore 280
5.0s and Alphas
Fanning Springs, Fl
iknowalttl

Postby whydude » Wed May 28, 2008 8:38 am

Haha, I'm the same way. Keep me posted on info you get and I'll ask around and we can meet up.
- Michael & Crystal
Regal 2665
Sanford, FL
whydude

Postby iknowalttl » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:54 pm

my buddy said that the ramp on San Juan just off Blanding blvd is a good smooth ramp with no drop off at the end... also said that parking is limited so an early launch is advised... he has a 26' Invader cabin cruiser that he puts in and out... thats about all I have found out so far...
Mike
'89 Commodore 280
5.0s and Alphas
Fanning Springs, Fl
iknowalttl

Postby NavyGator » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:53 am

Jacksonville fireworks are some of the best you can see anywhere. My Buddy and his wife in his 3860, Jag-Ed III and my wife and I in our 5260, NavyGator will be at the St Augustine Municipal Marina for the 4th. St Augustine is also a great place to celebrate the 4th and enjoy the fireworks. Come on by if you end up our way.
NavyGator

Postby iknowalttl » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:36 pm

Thanks for the invite... I would really enjoy meeting some new people and be able to put a face on some of the post here... seeing a 5260 up close would be awesome... heck, I haven't been right up on a 3860 either... that has to be an awesome boat too... I think I would be able to control the drooling... My plans are set on Jacksonville for the fireworks and the rest is entirely up in the air... the way I figure things is that the less plans that are made leaves less of a chance for them to get messed up... I'm just gonna take it as it goes... don't be surprised if a 280 (name badly needed) pops up in St. Agustine over the weekend... are you guys gonna be around the area throughout the weekend? I also have some friends that live at St Augustine Beach and it would be nice to visit with them a bit...there is a little place called The Old Milltop I used to go to that was a great place to chill out... small, quiet, food, drink and usually had a 1 man act with a string guitar performing for a band... been a few years since I been there but it has been there forever so I would guess that it still is...
Mike
'89 Commodore 280
5.0s and Alphas
Fanning Springs, Fl
iknowalttl

Postby iknowalttl » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:35 am

Well, I not sure how this 4th is going to work out... I just went to change the sparks plug only to have one break off between where you put the wrench on it and the threads... the whole center came out with the broken part so the cylinder is open till I fix it... I can't even run it with a misfire... almost thinking of limping out far enough to anchor on one engine but the power steering is down with that engine... I think I will end up having to remove the head... at this point I don't know any other way to do right... :( :(
Mike
'89 Commodore 280
5.0s and Alphas
Fanning Springs, Fl
iknowalttl

Postby iknowalttl » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:12 pm

Woohoo!!! I got the remains of the plug out with no metal shavings to worry about... I did have to remove the manifold for good access and to see what I was doing... good ol WD-40, a couple hours soak, and an extractor did the trick... I'm gonna wait till after the 4th to change the other 4 plugs, distributor cap and rotor... I tried to remove the screws for the cap and I could tell that trouble wasn't far away so I buttoned everything up as is and I am going to splash it in the river tomorrow for the day... I think I will try a different ramp about 20 miles away to give the trailer a good check and make sure everything is good for next weekend... I only have to trailer a little over a mile for the local ramp so I need to put a few miles to see if the bearings are good for the 100 mile ride next week... I'm not looking forward to finishing this tune up after the holidays... I suspect a screw or two to twist off on the cap and don't know what to expect for the plugs... I'm just gonna hope for the best and work on it on a day when everything is going really good... :)
Mike
'89 Commodore 280
5.0s and Alphas
Fanning Springs, Fl
iknowalttl

Postby DogDaze » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:45 am

Hi Mike,

I think we're due for a tune up and wires too.. still running good, so no reason to do it other than it should be done. We did have all the plugs out when we had the boat surveyed for a compression check.. so I think all is OK there.. plus we are fresh water, as opposed to salt.. I know the plug wires are getting a little brittle.. so will plan to do all at the same time if possible.

Hope you're works out OK for you..
Joe & Sheryl
Dog Daze - 1989 Regal 280 (SOLD)
Home Port: Cedar Point
-- The Rockin' Roller Coast

Dog Daze II - 1998 3575 Cruisers Yachts
DogDaze
Regal Owners Supporter

Postby jackski » Fri May 23, 2014 4:15 am

I live in JAX and recently moved to the Ortega River area which is a 10 minute run to the St. Johns River and about 20 minutes to the Landing in downtown JAX. I have a 1996 Regal 26 LeisureCat. There is an American Legion Post here on San Juan Ave on the West Side that has a ramp, dock and swimming pool. Not sure what the fees are but they also have RV hookup. It might be a good place to park and float. They have a website.
jackski

Return to Meetings - Florida Area