Bay Cruise

The Regal Owners Forum encourages members, groups and organizations to post their own cruises and cruise schedules in this forum for the Chesapeake Bay area.

Bay Cruise

Postby promiseskept » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:38 pm

We are taking a cruise up the bay leaving Hampton, Va 6-29 and stopping for a couple of days in Herrington Harbour South. Our next stop will Annapolis for a couple of days. From Annapolis we will head to St. Michaels. On our way back to Hampton we will stop over night at Spring Cove, Solomon Island. Looking for a good marina in Annapolis that we can walk to town. Also we will have our grand children ages 5 & 10 so we need to have a pool for sure. Which Marina do you like best in St. Michaels?

Thanks,
Steve
Promises Kept
2003 3860
promiseskept
2012 Regal Owners MULTIPLE Donator!

Re: Bay Cruise

Postby Jack » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:05 am

Sounds like a nice trip, Steve. I'm in HHS (stop by for a docktail if you like!) and make my way to St. Mikes and Annapolis quite a bit.

In St. Mikes I'm a big fan of the St. Mikes Marina... its the most spendy, but well worth it. It's the closest to town and has a very nice pool. There are a few restaurants right there for everything from white table cloth (Town Dock) to flip flops and grill food (Foxys).

In Annapolis I usually stay in the Annapolis City Marina. Its across Spa Creek, but still an easy walk (10 min) to town. The only problem for folks with kids is that its really a no-frills kinda place. The admiral and I don't have kids so that doesn't impact us. The thing I like most about it is that it is removed from the craziness of being right in town. I love the activity and all, but when its time for bed, I prefer to leave the loudness and revelry behind. If your there mid-week, though, being in town might not be too bad.
Jack

Postby promiseskept » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:43 am

Thanks Jack,
We are booked for St. Michaels Marina, we were lucky in that we were able to get the last available slip. In Annapolis the only marina available is Chesapeake Harbor which I think we be fine even though its not in town. Its a long run from Hampton to HHS so it will late when we arrive. I will stop by to meet you when we get in.

Steve
Promises Kept
2003 3860
promiseskept

Postby Jack » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:20 am

Glad you got in to St. Mike's marina, you won't be disappointed, its really very nice and everyone is super-friendly. I've never been to Chesapeake Harbor, but I'm sure you have a nice stay there.

Actually I re-read your post and see that your trip is planned for 6/29 (thought it was this weekend)... We are actually going to Annapolis on Saturday (6/29), so won't be at HHS on Saturday. I'm not sure when you are leaving HHS, but we are only doing the night in Annapolis and will be headed back on Sunday so if your still around I'll come by and hi.

Hope you have a great trip!
Jack

Postby On Holiday » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:14 pm

Any pictures/ updates of your trip?
2006 Regal 2400
On Holiday

Return to Cruises - Chesapeake Bay Area